• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root for Huawei Ascend Y H866C

IT'S just like The M865c hold volume up volume down at the same time while holding down the power button name the recovery update.app changing the img to app make a folder name it Dload place the renamed recovery in that folder put it on the root of your SD card
So I tried this on a bricked 866c, and the flash tries to work but flashes 4 times on fastboot and then turns bluescreen. I had the image sig failure and the pink screen on fastboot. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Did you run the unlock bootloader app that everyone's been talking about before you try this:
I did not. I did not know about it. I just sent the phone back to ST and had them send me another. Now pooted, partitioned and running smooth. I will avoid ROMs on this phone for the future. I would have liked to ttied it. I did get the stock ROM to flash on the screen 5 times before it went total blue, but it would never flash. I'm a neewb and am learning though.

Upvote 0
I did not. I did not know about it. I just sent the phone back to ST and had them send me another. Now pooted, partitioned and running smooth. I will avoid ROMs on this phone for the future. I would have liked to ttied it. I did get the stock ROM to flash on the screen 5 times before it went total blue, but it would never flash. I'm a neewb and am learning though.

Stay away from flashing till you truly
Known they have the bootloader unlocked

Upvote 0
You can try Z4root, is a download that can root the phone directly without using a pc. Currently using another program so i haven't played with it enough to know. You will probably need a SU, but not sure because I already had one . I finally found a program that works well but has 1 major drawback since the phone only runs 2.3.6. Give that a shot, it may work for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones