• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root for Huawei Ascend Y H866C

oem mode on. download secret codes off playstore searchlist code number 759 brings up system menu to turn on oem mode. I feel i am close adb giving me less grief

If we could just get a temporary root enough to get the MSL code to unlock the modem but anyway good work thanks for your help
Has anyone tried Linux or Ubuntu
While it was on the pink screen

Upvote 0
(This guy tusukious wrote this)
I have been searching for three weeks and have tried just about everything. All rooting methods want you to root by installing a custom rom, which requires a custom recovery like clockwork mod, which cant be installed without rooting first. ITS A DAMN CONUNDRUM!! I chose this phone because i needed verizon service without $110 a month but i am not poor by any means. So here it is , I'm offerring to pay a bounty for all of us. I WILL PAY $100 TO ANYONE WHO CAN GIVE ME A WORKING ROOT METHOD FOR THIS PHONE, AND SHOW ME VIDEO EVIDENCE OF IT RUNNING SUPERUSER PERMISSIONS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giantpune; Who wrote this
This phone (H866C) is apparently vulnerable to the exploit I used in Poot [ http://androidforums.com/elite-all-things-root/612914-optimus-elite-root-apk.html ]. There is a little bit of work to be done to make it actually work on this model, but I have good reason to believe it can be done.

If you want to mail me your phone, it shouldnt take more than a couple hours to get rooted. Then you can send me the $100, and everybody is happy.

If 5 of us donate 20 dollars apiece
We could get him a phone to work with he wrote the poot exploit how to root the m865 I think he can do it and that way we're not out of pocket 100 dollars PM me if interested or send email raymealer@gmail.com

Upvote 0
Sorry for the frustration with rooting.

Gmash who posted earlier here has quite a bit of experience rooting another Ascend model, not to say he had the answer, but that is to say that others have started to take an interest for you.

To help further, I'll alert staff to look over your rooting instructions and see if they can't determine which steps may be an issue. As I wrote the first rooting guide for an Ascend with a Mac, I'll also see if I can help.

We can't promise anything, and you'll have to be patient with our questions.

Cheers, thanks! :)

Reactions: raymealer
Upvote 0
Ok - for those of you on an app who can't tell - yes, I'm very much a moderator here. :)

Before reaching into your wallets, let's see if we can't get some free help on this - you may be amazed at how effective that often is. ;)

And please be patient - I get thousands of messages a year, and I answer each one as quickly as possible. ;) :)

Reactions: raymealer
Upvote 0
I wanted to post this guide
For those who need help setting up ADB this is for Windows 7 I'm sure you can find a guide if this doesn't work for you

First of all, let me clarify what ADB is and what it does. ADB stands for Android Debug Bridge and comes included with the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). While it is essentially the same as a terminal emulator running on your phone, it is far easier to use because of the tediousness of typing on a phone. ADB serves as a bridge between your Android handset and your computer.

WHYSHOULDIINSTALLADB?

If you want to tinker, root, and install a custom rom on your phone/tablet, having ADB installed will be required in some instances. Developers put in a lot of work/time/effort into their projects, and often they don

Upvote 0
Hey, maybe I can save you some work here - I think that all you need out of the SDK is just adb and fastboot, our forums provides that in our Mini-SDK.

Here's our instructions on that from our FAQ (courtest of our own El Presidente) -

Mini-SDK (contains adb and fastboot utilities for Windows, Mac, and Linux)

Usage / instructions:

- download our forums' mini-sdk

(here are the contents of the sdk-tools.zip file):

• adb.exe - Windows adb utility
  • fastboot.exe - Windows fastboot utility
  • fastboot-windows.exe - Windows fastboot utility
  • AdbWinApi.dll - adb link library for Windows
  • AdbWinUsbApi.dll - adb link library for Windows
  • adb-linux - Linux adb utility
  • fastboot-linux - Linux fastboot utility
  • adb-mac - Mac adb utility
  • fastboot-mac - Mac fastboot utility

- extract the contents to a folder / directory of your choice (make note of it for later)

- for Windows, start a Windows Command Prompt (old DOS window) or for Mac, Linux, start a Terminal session

- navigate, using the cd command to the extraction folders's location

++ in Windows, for example, if you extracted the files to c:\sdk-tools, you would type: cd c:\sdk-tools

- note: Linux users: you'll need to resecure the adb and fastboot utilities after extracting the files:

++ chmod a+x adb-linux
++ chmod a+x fastboot-linux

Additionally, you'll probably need to use sudo when invoking adb or fastboot; for example:

++ sudo ./adb-linux devices
++ sudo ./fastboot-linux devices

- use/invoke the adb or fastboot utilities as needed

Upvote 0
Ive actually got the h866c. Bought it in Oregon but has no service now that I am southeast Missouri they actually sell straight talk here but not this particular model I'm willing to either donate the phone to this cause and or pay me my cost on this phone ive got pdanet on it and was using it for net. Ive been really busy lately so will five into some command when I get it all setup

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones