Root for leakers experimental

Last Updated:

1. It IS Lupus

It IS Lupus Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. arock

arock Well-Known Member

Saw it earlier today and have been attempting all evening to get it to work. Still no luck for me. If anyone has gotten it to work please chime in. Just trying to figure out where my mistake may be.

3. It IS Lupus

It IS Lupus Active Member This Topic's Starter

there have been 3 reported successes in getting it in IRC and in the tinychat when Tereg and Captainkrtek were explaining how to do it.

Tereg found a possible wait condition but is more concerned in getting this method up and running quicker.

EDIT: I've been trying since they posted it last night at...what 8 but to no avail.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I would be curious to know how it came to the developer(s) of that process that only a class 4 PNY card ("must have," in large, bold red) is eligible for success.

5. tereg

tereg Active Member

I modified that must have statement about the PNY Class 4 SD Card. There is one person who appears to have success with a class 2 SanDisk 8GB card. Most of the successes that have been reported have been with PNY Class 4 cards.

The method I followed when I was testing was a combination of a post in the original thread by Hairston specifying the exact card he used for the process

Updated root 1.49 - Page 45 - xda-developers

And then I basically read some tips/tricks in the Incredible Root thread combined with some tips/tricks in the original thread by Dc_striker. The night before I bought the card, I tried all sorts of variations of timings of the SD card in/out (when to press the button to go into recovery, when to press the card in, if I should pulse the card in and out, etc.) with the stock card for several hours and couldn't get it to work.

Edit: I decided to give that specific card a shot. I wanted to try to replicate what he did as best as I could gather from the information in the original thread and other threads related to the process.

When I got it to work the very first time the next day with the bought card, I noted what it was that I did that was different than the other attempts, and when I went ahead and unrooted with the RUU OTA and went through the steps again as I recalled them, I got it to work on the 2nd boot attempt into recovery.

Anyway, basically, the way I came up with that specific card was based on what I saw Hairston report he used when he got it to work.

6. tereg

tereg Active Member

Oh yeah, another part of my reading was the Slide Root method thread as well while I was in testing phase.

Frisco likes this.