• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT] For the LG Spectrum ICS OTA

PlayfulGod

Extreme Android User
Jan 28, 2011
NW Georgia
unleashedprepaids.com
Hello folks, this root method was found by jcase and I scripted the one click. And yes I have jcases blessing on posting it. ;)

Instructions

1. Download and unzip
  2. Connect your phone to your PC
  3. Make sure to have the LG USB drivers installed
  4. Make sure to have debugging enabled
  5. Make sure to have USB connectivity set to internet connection
  6. Run the script for your OS (.bat for Windows, .sh for Linux)
  7. Enjoy ;)
Download

Spectrum ICS OTA ROOT

Credits
jcase - for finding the exploit!!

Originally Posted by Neph81
I'm impressed that you didn't brick your phone. The bootloader on the Spec 2 is locked. If you flashed CWM to the correct recovery partition, you would security error your phone. If you remove or freeze the wrong software on your phone, you will security error it. If you security error your phone, you will need to .cab flash back to stock. You have been advised.

Just rooted using stated method and phone seems to have rebooted completely (sitting on lockscreen) but script command prompt on PC says "waiting for reboot". Am I fininshed? Do I just close the command prompt and start using my phone? Also across the top of my notification bar there is a line showing X/Y coordinates. what is that? First time rooting and don't want to brick. Help!!

Upvote 0
Just rooted using stated method and phone seems to have rebooted completely (sitting on lockscreen) but script command prompt on PC says "waiting for reboot". Am I fininshed? Do I just close the command prompt and start using my phone? Also across the top of my notification bar there is a line showing X/Y coordinates. what is that? First time rooting and don't want to brick. Help!!
It'll let you know when it's done.

Upvote 0
It'll let you know when it's done.
Uh oh, did I F**k up? I rebooted the phone myself. Now I have a weird bar across the top of my notification bar with coordinates on it and everytime i touch the screen, lines shoot out to the spot of touch from the side and top and stay there for a while. What should I do? 2012-10-26 14.54.23.png

Upvote 0
Uh oh, did I F**k up? I rebooted the phone myself. Now I have a weird bar across the top of my notification bar with coordinates on it and everytime i touch the screen, lines shoot out to the spot of touch from the side and top and stay there for a while. What should I do?View attachment 41947

Settings - developer options - uncheck "Show Touch Data"

Reactions: SteveW1005
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones