1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

root gone after reset

1. pyromaniacco5

pyromaniacco5 New Member

Ok, first thing, Im not really the smartest with all this. I rooted my prevail no problem quite a few months ago. I had to call customer support yesterday because my phone was acting dumb and I couldnt fix it. They had me do a complete reset on my phone. After the reset, superuser was still on my phone, but it seems root is no longer there. I cant download any root apps or use superuser at all. However, even though root no longer works the phone still thinks its rooted because I cannot do android updates...It says "modem detected" just like it would if root was working properly. DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS???

PS. remember im not the smartest with all this, so please dumb it down just a little for me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. RTLflat

RTLflat Well-Known Member

Is super user updated from market? If not do that. Then within the app update the binary.

Link2sd can be used to integrate superuser update into system since titanium can't see. Update binary again after integrate just so super user has root permission still
    Should fix...
  3. Necrotoxin

Necrotoxin Well-Known Member

Losing root sucks. Try to update from the market and the binary but if that doesn't work you're going to have to reroot. Easiest way would be to use odin.
    http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/375550-odin-return-phone-stock-factory.html
    If you already have CWM on your phone you can just flash the cwm zip from Superuser
    You'll obviously want the ARM version, just go with the first link.
    If you want to try out a new superuser type app I made a CWM flashable version of SuperSU for the prevail.
    http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/589565-supersu-cwm-zip-prevail.html
    vce2005 likes this.
  4. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

Hi,

what are the differences of SU 0.94 ( Prevail ) and the other version 3.1.3 or 3.2 RC2 from the SU web site ( besides the changelog I mean ) ? ....... Can ( should ) they be used on the Prevail with FE16 / CTMod / koumakernel ? Or is it better not to change..... Also, I don't see any "Update binaries" within the program..... Should I update to the paid version or not ?

Would be great to know the differences and clarify...

Thanks,

vce