Root gone bad?

Last Updated:

1. jross37

jross37 New Member This Topic's Starter

After apploying a MOD via ROM Manager all seemed well but now my phone keeps getting to the start screen where I see the Droid eye and then it just keeps cycling. Have tried a number of things but can't seem to fix the issue. Am I screwed?

Advertisement
  2. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

Did you make a nandroid backup before applying the mod? If so you can go back to it. If you're running the stock ROM most mods/themes won't work unless you're on a deodexed ROM.

3. jross37

I did make a backup but it doesn't seem to be working. Can I just go back to the standard ROM? Looks like I can access the USB from the recovery menu -- any idea where I could find the stock ROM?

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

jross37 likes this.
  5. jross37

Thanks for that. Getting closer I think, but now hangs at the droid eye when I reboot. I'm still a noob but wondering if that means I might need to format my sdcard or something? Wanted to wait before someone who knew better gave me some advice.

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

So you loaded Virtuous and still having the problem? If so, have you tried clearing data/cache in CWM before the install? What Rom are you coming from?

7. jross37

I got it running -- I'm a n00b and it looks like my order of operations for loading the new ROM was wrong. Doug over at HTC Incredible Forum set me straight. I used that ROM that was linked above. Thanks!