Root gone bad?

Last Updated:

1. stub83

stub83 Member

I rooted my rezound about 4 months ago using scotty's stock rom.
    things were fine until a couple of days ago the phone was acting sluggish and dropping calls. I pulled the battery a few times and it got back to normal. Last time i did it, phone got stuck on white HTC screen . Tried to boot into recovery thru CMD but my computer does not see it under adb devices. I have reinstalled HTC drivers but still a no go. I cant get my computer to see my device.

Unlocked
    Vigor PVT SHIP S-on RL
    Hboot 2.11.0000

Stuck without a phone! any ideas how to fix this?

Colin

Advertisement
  2. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

This is weird. I've never heard of a problem like this when everything is working. Do you have a backup you can restore? Can you do a battery pull and boot into recovery with volume down + power? Then get into your recovery and restore your backup?
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

make sure you are in fastboot when launching your recovery(select fastboot from the hboot menu)

make sure you are entering "fastboot devices" to try and get a response from the phone. if you can get to fastboot,you should be able to install drivers and launch your recovery.

i personally recomend these htc drivers from revolutionary,if thats not what you used

make sure that you do NOT have htc sync,pdanet,easy tether,or any other program capable of comunicating with the phone running on the PC,it will cause issue.

try different usb cables and ports

you can try updating the drivers manually:
    plug in the phone in fastboot,find it with device manager. right click,then update drivers,then point the wizard to the extracted driver file.

if you can get your driver issue figured out,and your phone seen in fstboot, you might consider running the ruu for the latest,global firmware to update things,if restoring a backup does not work.

directions to upgrade to the global update here: http://androidforums.com/rezound-al...y-root-guide-start-finish-10.html#post5034014

hope that helps :)

on,one last bit... i cannot take credit for scrosslers cleanroms. i am scotty85,he is scott scrossler ;)
  4. stub83

stub83 Member

I think the phone is dead. It wont even power up now. If I do a power volume down,
    light at the top of the phone comes on for a few seconds and then goes off.
    Tried to do a recovery in fastboot, but the phone would just go black and not repower up.
    The only thing I can think of is that the battery died and it is not recharging. The battery was not dead when I first had problems.
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

you might take the phone to a store... have them pop in a good battery and see if that changes anything.
  6. stub83

stub83 Member

Yes, I was thinking that also. I have the extended battery and am on the road for a week. I have my original battery back home.
    My warranty is up but I have the extended warranty for $1.99 a month . I would return the phone except for the cracked screen!! (my second)
    Just curious, if replace the screen myself and send it back to Verizon, do you think they would honor the extended warranty? Using my trusty DINC original now .
    colin