• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROOT GUIDE] Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2

Rooting isn't breaking the terms of service. Rooting is violating the 30 day warranty you get from boost along with whatever warranty that Samsung sticks on the phone.

As far as tethering goes, I think it would be pretty difficult for them to figure out that you're tethering without actually spying on your data.

I actually know a few people who's service been terminated cause of using the wifi hacks/tether with out paying for it so use at your own risk!

Upvote 0
ok i downloaded everything but for some reason Odin wont recognize my phone i dont get that yellow window on the left side when i plug my phone in and yes i downloaded kies and i have windows vista 32 bit Dell
Some people change the usb cable between phone n pc to a data cord and get better results. also unplug th pc end of cord wait a min n plug back. try another usb port on pc. hope it works for you

Upvote 0
How long does it take to fisnish odin?

Last message I got is:

<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> zImage

...and everything is gray out.

Should only take a few seconds.

my next question how do i get custom roms because i put the roms on the root of my sdcard factory wip wipde cache wipe delvic etc when i tried flashing it it said

assert failed: getrop ("ro.product.device")
epic4gtouch" ll getprop ("ro.build.produc") etc

E:Error in sdcard/cm-10-20120903-
(status 7)
instgallin aborted

Did you flash a CM10 compatible kernel before trying to flash the ROM?

Upvote 0
no i didnt how do i get the kernal or where is it located im a noob sorta please explain

please and thank you

guide for flashing cm10 is here

It did not work for me.

so kies needs to be running at the same time odin is running?

another thing i notice, when I get on odin mode, on the phone it said that it is downloading... those that made sense?

Kies doesn't need to be running at the same time. Does Odin recognize your phone when you plug it in before flashing anything (ie does the left window have ID COM or somesuch in it?)

Upvote 0
Kies doesn't need to be running at the same time. Does Odin recognize your phone when you plug it in before flashing anything (ie does the left window have ID COM or somesuch in it?)

yes it does recognized. I get ID COM 4. I also get the yellow bar. When I click start, it start the process but it hang on "zImage" (see my post above).

I have tried a different version of agat but no luck.

Upvote 0
yes it does recognized. I get ID COM 4. I also get the yellow bar. When I click start, it start the process but it hang on "zImage" (see my post above).

I have tried a different version of agat but no luck.

Are you plugging the kernel into pda? if so then i have no idea

Guyphs, I just rooted my sgs2 using your guide. Your guide and links are right on. I made a nandroid after root but before SU, so I think I have a stock backup. Thanks again

NP!

Upvote 0
Thanks it worked !! I was playing around with this at my job earlier on today and like other couldn't get Kies to see my phone. So when I came home the first thing I did was go to Samsung's sight and download the USB Drivers first, than the rest of the install went like butter. Below is the link if others would like there listed here ...

Samsung

Reactions: RAPTOR1112
Upvote 0
wow i spoke to soon, i did not get root. i did flash the kernel it is on my phone.what will i have to do now. will i have go to recovery with odin. or just start all over. I did not use kies , i got the driver from samsung . does superuser need to be part of the download or does it matter.....................hopefully i can just start over

You have to flash SU through the custom recovery in order to get root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones