root help please? newbie here...

1. cjbbowman

cjbbowman Member

Hey, newbie rooter here...ive never rooted a phone before and i wanted to root mine now...and yes i know all the warnings that go along with it! my TU is running on 2.3.6 android and boost mobile if that matters and i need help rooting it. ive tried different tutorials and none have seemed to work for me. :( so if anyone could please help me out, it would be great! TIA.

Advertisement
    :
  2. cjbbowman

cjbbowman Member

yeah, i tried it..it got to the point where it said if you dont have this part filled in you messed up somewhere and mine wasnt. so i tried again and it did the same thing...but thank you!
  3. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Wait, which part did you get up to?
  4. cjbbowman

cjbbowman Member

i got to the part where you pull up Odin and it says your supposed to have con port number...mine didnt have one?
  5. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Did you install the drivers for your phone? Could you please try reinstalling?
  6. cjbbowman

cjbbowman Member

okay i reinstalled drivers and the com port number came up but it just kept running for like 15 minutes and it never said reset just kept saying recovery?
  7. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

sounds like you may not be in download mode? can you please list what you did step by step (the more detail the better)? otherwise Im just guessing at where its going wrong.
  8. cjbbowman

cjbbowman Member

1. downloaded all the files listed in the video (made sure drivers were installed, and they are)
    2.turned my phone off
    3.put into download mode by holding the power button, volume down button, and camera button until the screen talked about how you could mess up you phone by using custom things, and then i pressed the the volume up button to continue
    4.plugged my phone in the computer
    5.opened Odin
    6.picked the files EXACTLY like the video told to.
    7.hit start