• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Help

Ok I am really new to rooting and want to try it out.

First question is. How do you do a data wipe

also any good ROM's with 2.2 and 4g

only roms with 4g are based on htc release, i think odex stock 2.2, fresh and there may be one or 2 more that have 4g. all these roms have sense, which is a hot topic, to have or have not. I suggest trying the 2 most popular, fresh and cm6. one has sense and the other is asop. to wipe data and cache you need to have either ra or clockwork recovery flashed. rom manager form the android market will do this for you. I would start out simply first, just flashing roms and get comfortable with your rooted evo then delve into other aspects. Another great download from the market is quick boot. once you have recovery installed, this will allow you to boot directly to bootloader or recovery. good luck and happy rooting

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones