• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root help??

I have a Samsung Captivate, I've rooted my phone with z4Root, didn't do much good because I still had the Market-Only app restrictions. Next, I tried the Unleash the Beast, both version 1.0 and 2.0, those didn't even work, kept getting an error saying "E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory) - installation aborted." After trying that numerous times, I tried to downgrade to 2.1, turns out you can't do that on a Mac. Fml.
Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

I have a Samsung Captivate, I've rooted my phone with z4Root, didn't do much good because I still had the Market-Only app restrictions.

Why didn't you read the Captivate FAQ? You don't even need to root to sideload non-market apps, but there's also simple instructions on how to remove the limitation entirely.

Sideloading - CapFAQ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones