• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jaysondasher

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
Ive tried multiple times to root this phone. Every time, i get stopped when trying to run the "run.bat". It says rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin is missing. Ive read about it and everyone says disable your anti-virus. Well, ive done that and re-downloaded. But still nothing. Could someone out there please walk me through step-by-step on how to get this phone rooted? (I have R910 not R915. Not sure if that makes a difference.)

This is what I had to do to get my root to work. Disable all antivirus/malware/spyware programs and download the 1click root file. I extracted the file then rebooted pc and phone because root failed on first attempt. After reboot disabled all antivirus again and started up root program. I entered option 1 to root and install cwm. When asked to connect phone I did so and pressed enter(phone was restarted with USB DEBUGGING activated) and about 2 minutes later phone was rooted. I'm also on Metros R-910

Upvote 0
Yeah, sounds like some A/V or anti-malware is still running. That is what is blocking you from downloading the file.

The reason I asked what A/V you use is because it may contain some type of self-protection. You may need to reboot or something after disabling it. I run Nod32; for me I have to disable self protection, then reboot, then change Nod32 service from Automatic startup to Disabled, then reboot again, or stop the service. It's kind of a pain. I'm not sure about Avast, but if it has any sort of self protection like that (it well might, as it is antivirus software), you may have to go through a similar procedure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones