Root Help

1. -Mike-

-Mike- Well-Known Member

I keep getting an error saying it cant locate CDC serial. I have rebooted phone and pc, hard reset phone, tried different computers, etc..... any other suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Geez Mike, how many devices do you have?:):p

found this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1549632

Even tho I have no clue what CDC serial is. Hope it helps a little but you may have found that already:rolleyes:
    -Mike- likes this.
  3. kevr6

kevr6 Active Member

Seems like this forum lacks for Root info for this phone.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

being that this device is about a month, i'm not surprised. what info are you looking for?
  5. kevr6

kevr6 Active Member

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

7. kevr6

kevr6 Active Member

The few ROMs that are available do nothing for me. I can understand the bloat removal but this thing is so fast i haven't the need. I plan on waiting a bit to see what else comes out. :)
    ocnbrze likes this.
  8. Lateck

Lateck Well-Known Member

9. -Mike-

-Mike- Well-Known Member

Dang... I forgot all about posting here. Thanks Mikey! I found that shortly after starting this thread. My Rep called one day asking if I needed any new devices. The she said she could get me some deals. Then she teased me with this Monster :D. It was time to upgrade from a Samsung Moment. This is my utility phone. I use it as a spare, mobile internet connection, and whatever else I need at the moment. I ended up with this, 2 S3's and an Evo LTE. The wife and daughter get the S3's. I took the LTE.

I got this baby rooted and juiced up with JellyBomb v8. I see they have v10 up and it looks like v11 will drop soon.

To fix my issue, I downloaded Kies to my laptop.
    ocnbrze and Mikestony like this.
  10. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Have you rooted the GSIII yet?
  11. -Mike-

-Mike- Well-Known Member

Nah, the wife won't let me. Its her phone so I didn't push it. I will say though, these Samsung phones are the best IMHO. Smooth as silk and lightning fast. I'm wishing I would have got one instead of the LTE.

Edit- the antennas on these phones are incredible too. I'd be willing to bet I could get a signal on one of these while laying on the ocean floor. Hahahaha
  12. kevr6

kevr6 Active Member

I have the same problem here! My wife won't let me root her S3. :rolleyes: