Root is causing TONS of problems. HELP!

Last Updated:

1. budmonster

budmonster Guest This Topic's Starter

I'm sorry I had to make another thread about this but I need help immediately.

I used Z4root to root my DX. I then installed Rom Manager and Droid X Recovery Bootstrap. I clicked "Bootstrap Reocvery" and then tapped "Reboot Recovery". It rebooted me into ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.6. I made a backup and rebooted my phone. Now my Market wont work, I can't flash anything from Rom Mananger (the latest CW recovery is 2.5.0.7 not 2.5.0.6), my Email won't sync. Things are going haywire! Seems like my data isn't working or something? When I unrooted and unistalled everything, the Market worked again, but the Clockwork Recovery was still on my phone. How is that possible if Droid X Recovery Bootstrap is uninstalled?

Advertisement
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

simply rooting your phone should not cause any of those problems. not really sure what to tell you other than do a factory reset or use the sbf.

3. xlch59

xlch59 Member

You should SBF back to stock and then try again. Clockwork Recovery does not uninstall all the way without SBF the system

4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

This.

Not that I'm an expert by any means, but I've rooted more than one different way and installed different ROM's and never had this problem. Maybe you should SBF to be safe and then do a factory reset afterward.

5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

6. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I rooted like 8 phones here at work and none have any issues....I never used that app though but you should try the SBF ... good luck!! click here to know how to do the SBF some info about SBF...

7. hdkilner

hdkilner Well-Known Member

I also have a situation now that im rooted, when I reboot my X it always reboots to clockworkmod recovery and my rom manager shows all Incredible roms not DX roms?? I would rather use bootstrap recovery instead.

8. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Did you choose the DX recovery in Rom Manager? Myself, I always use Bootstrap to.

9. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

^^^^^ a wise man. :)