Root it is ...

Last Updated: 2012-03-03 20:30:30
  1. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    drizzl likes this.
  2. lamlux

lamlux Member

Awesome thanks for the link. Rooted! Now to delete bloatware.
  3. protegemini

protegemini Well-Known Member

they're also ODIN based stock recovery and stock kernal available as well in XDA

i would use CWM and do a nandroid backup before you delete any bloatwares
  4. pcdebb

pcdebb VIP Member VIP Member

i'm missing something here. nothing happens when im using ODIN.
  5. pcdebb

pcdebb VIP Member VIP Member

pardon me, blonde moment.

proceeding....
  6. bellarmine

bellarmine New Member

Does anyone know if there is a good ROM good for the Tmobile SGS2?
  7. protegemini

protegemini Well-Known Member

there's several roms available in the xda such as eaglesblood and jauggernaut.
    i'm surprised there are no devs here working on this beast. are you serious?
  8. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

Is it easy to root then ?, reading that link it says about a gold card, what size would i need then
  9. gpenn3

gpenn3 New Member

Sorry but im new and trying to figure this out. downloaded music from itunes to galaxy s 2 . now have duplicate music. how do i delete dupes? Is there an app that will do it automatic? and what is rooting? this phone maybe more than i bargained for have no idea what root is or why its needed
  10. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Rooting your phone is like having administrator rights on your PC. It allows you to delete bloatware that came on the phone the same way you would on your PC and also allows you to use apps that only work on rooted phones. For instance, one of the best and most popular backup apps, Titanium Backup, needs a rooted phone to work.

You also have to be rooted if you want to use another ROM. That's like another operating system. Most ROM's are better with more options and better battery life than what came with the phone.