Root = Jailbreak?General

Last Updated:

1. cheerios

cheerios New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I just purchased the x10i 2 days ago and I stumbled upon these forums and decided to post to get some advice. First off, before I got the x10i I was and still am an iPhone 4 user. If possible I would like know the benefits of rooting my x10i and other cool stuff I could do with this phone.

I would also like to point out some things I noticed between the iphone4 and the x10 based on the 2 days I have been fiddling with it.

If anyone could point me at the right direction on how to maximize my experience that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Good things I noticed
    -very nice media player
    -I realized how much I missed the SD card (no more syncing yay!)
    -Bigger screen (it suprises me how much of a difference half an inch can make lol)
    -pull down task bar is a really goooooood idea lol
    -internet on x10i while on my wifi seems faster than iphone 4 especially on youtube and sites where i can watch videos with skyfire

Bad things I noticed
    -I cannot type anywhere as fast as I can on iphone4 because I always hit the wrong button
    -Noticed some lag especially with a video wallper installed
    -the touch seems non responsive at times although I did put the screen protector that came with the phone on (eg. pulling down the status bar needs to press hard)
    -NO multi touch (pinch zoom) = browsing is a pain compared to ip4

Thats all I can think of now hehe but yeah any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. CPlumb

CPlumb Member

That's what she said.

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

4. Smokey_Barr

Smokey_Barr Well-Known Member

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

If you have a look on page 3 on the main X10 board you will find the original post.

I can't speak highly enough of this keyboard, it is so smooth, customisable to what you want, good prediction and easy to edit dictionary etc. If I was only allowed one app on my phone it would be this one.

Give it a go, the instructions look complicated but they aren't really, just follow a step at a time and bobs your uncle. It will only take about 10 mins tops. But might have to wait til you get home so work not blocking stuff!

Smokey_Barr likes this.
  6. ankh

ankh Well-Known Member

Download smartkeyboard or smarterkeyboard its on the market. Theres an iPhone keyboard skin on there thats pretty good. Makes it much easier to type.