Root... Just do it.

Last Updated:

1. redplate

redplate Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Stupid easy. Unfortunately my refurb is shit just like my old eris. :( thought all my problems could be cured but a faulty tack ball is a faulty track ball.

Advertisement
  2. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoy root. You're right about the trackball. Time for next refurb.

3. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

My refurb will be at my house friday and I'm gonna root it with white widow or sense-able.

4. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

gah damn eris refurbs. i gotta get my 3rd. damn thing will not mount to my computer. which drives me nuts to have to pop the case off, take the card out, put it in the card reader, etc etc. let me say it again, it pisses me off. i knew i should have gotten the moto droid. damn GF talked me into the eris.

5. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

At least back before they EOL'd the phone you could get a half decent (sometimes brand new) replacement. Now they're all Asurion refurbs or verizon refurbs. So basically your just getting someone elses broken phone with a new (or cleaned) casing.

A verizon tech told me that it costs them about $15 round trip for a replacement. So they obviously arent making the refurbs the best they can be.

6. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

Yeah, and it shows. I got a refurb a little over a month ago, it was on 1.5, so I rooted and it worked well up until last week. Now it's going berserk, and I just flashed the RUU so that if it keeps it up, I can take it back w/o problems