• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root... Just do it.

At least back before they EOL'd the phone you could get a half decent (sometimes brand new) replacement. Now they're all Asurion refurbs or verizon refurbs. So basically your just getting someone elses broken phone with a new (or cleaned) casing.

A verizon tech told me that it costs them about $15 round trip for a replacement. So they obviously arent making the refurbs the best they can be.

Upvote 0
At least back before they EOL'd the phone you could get a half decent (sometimes brand new) replacement. Now they're all Asurion refurbs or verizon refurbs. So basically your just getting someone elses broken phone with a new (or cleaned) casing.

A verizon tech told me that it costs them about $15 round trip for a replacement. So they obviously arent making the refurbs the best they can be.

Yeah, and it shows. I got a refurb a little over a month ago, it was on 1.5, so I rooted and it worked well up until last week. Now it's going berserk, and I just flashed the RUU so that if it keeps it up, I can take it back w/o problems

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones