[ROOT KIT] OPTIMUS M 2.2.2 (Dummy-proof-3-click)

1. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

In order to do this, you need to have your phone hooked to your computer via USB, and the root kit needs to be on the computer. You then run the .bat file on the computer. It will then transfer all it needs to, over to the phone.
    DTowns Finest likes this.
  2. DTowns Finest

DTowns Finest Well-Known Member

Already... Thanks worked like a charm..
  3. alfick3

4. abecede

abecede Member

Just did this to my OM and it's rooted.

Thanks from a noob. :D

Haven't removed the bloatware "yet", but still. THANKS!
  5. BrandonOptimus

BrandonOptimus Well-Known Member

I thought it was the "FIRST BATCH FILE" LMFAO. Lol. By "RUNFIRST" I didn't assume it was called a file LOL. Anywho Im rooted thats the important factor. No more hanging out with the crackheads for me :D :D :D :D. Also Kelso, is it possible to make a seperate zip of the Data throttle?
  6. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Well-Known Member

im going to tonight...cuz im making the ics theme include the throttle for now since it causes the network settings to FC..so it will be an optional add on from now on..to ensure the least amount of bugs with my theme
  7. BrandonOptimus

Also, I got a bootloop when installing your rom. Is there a 2.2.2 debloated in the mean time?
  8. mikekelso421

word of advice...remove the bloat apps with titanium backup..it does a clean uninstall like any other data/app...its lust like backing it up,just choose uninstall instead..also easier to tell what apps are what.as apposed to root explorer.

:)
  9. mikekelso421

it should definately not have bootlooped????? download the superwipe.zip and flash that before flashing my rom....also go in after and wipe batt stats and sd ext if your using it for a2sd..wipe everything at least twice..then flash my rom and nothing else..let it boot up and setup the phone of exit the setup..then power down and then flash whatever add ons you want..then reboot and you should be good to go.hope this helps you.
  10. BrandonOptimus

Superwipe.zip? Where can I find this :D And how to use lol.
  11. mikekelso421

Google it. Flash it before flashing a new rom. It wipes boot,cache,system and data 3 times.

After superwipe, manually wipe everything else 2 times (SD ext,batt stats and android secure (optional) ).
    Vulcan219 and BrandonOptimus like this.
  12. alfick3

Thank you. I can't flash your ics theme because I'm using cwm, so that'd be great to have a separate, flashable, throttle removal.
  13. K3V1L99

K3V1L99 New Member

Rom and theme worked perfect for me on first try!!!!!!!!!!
    mikekelso421 likes this.
  14. mikekelso421

If your using clockworkmod just overwrite the apk's and change the permissions on the apk right after overwiting it.the permission for all 3 files in the theme are:

xx-
    x--
    x--

Then reboot.
  15. alfick3

I'm not sure what you mean by overwriting the apk. I do understand changing permissions, though I'm not 100% sure on how to do it.
  16. Payas915

Payas915 New Member

17. jerezer1985

jerezer1985 Active Member

mikekelso421 likes this.
  18. BrandonOptimus

Change permissions using Root Explorer :D
  19. mikekelso421

with root explorer,copy my themed framework-res.apk,lge-res.apk and services.jar files into the /system/framework folder..copying them will "overwrite" the existing apk..do each apk, ONE AT A TIME..long press them to chage the permissions to match the diagram above..
  20. mikekelso421

21. alfick3

Ok, so to make sure I have this correct: I will need to un-zip the theme, and then copy the three files into the /system/framework folder on my phone. Then I use Root Explorer to change the permissions. This will then give me the ics theme and I will have the throttle be gone feature. Sounds good. Thanks for the replies back.
  22. mikekelso421

Yes sir.not a problem
  23. mrbyll

mrbyll New Member

Hi everyone and please be patient with me. I want to root my OM 2.2.2 but I'm not as sure of myself as you guys are...would you please answer a few questions for me?

I have baseband version: MS690ZV6_00.6050 and Kernel version: 2.6.32.9

1. What is the purpose of GINM custom recovery and do I have to do this?
    2. Can I keep all my present settings and ROM?. All I want to do is get rid of the MetroPCS crapware and get to the blocked files.

Thanks again everyone!
  24. mikekelso421

the purpose of recovery is basically to make your phone "brick-proof"...as long as you have a recovery on your phone,there are NO software related issues that cant be resolved...another reason would be to flash modified OS's to your phone..like repards or bobz's CM7 (gingerbread) or my or joniedys froyo ROMs...also you can make backup of your phone so that you will always have a good revert point in case you mess something up or delete the wrong app...there is NOTHING BUT BENEFITS to recovery on your phone..

once the program is finished,go into recovery and make a backup...its a self explanatory process once you go into recovery mode...the instructions are in the OP...(Original Post)
  25. dheidemann73

dheidemann73 Active Member

can not wait to get home and try to re-root my OM!!!!!