• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

krakjoe

Lurker
May 13, 2012
This roots the 10e, installs Superuser, Root Checker and Play Store ...

Install from recovery. Access recovery by holding the volume up and reset button for about three seconds, keep them held and switch the tablet on ( this is tricky if you have fat sausage like fingers, like me ), you can release the power button when boot logo shows, however if you can hold your position until recovery comes up then do so as it's picky about when you let go of the buttons.

Enjoy ...

Attachments

• update-signed.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 560
Reactions: bobajob0
Copy to the root of an sdcard, insert sd card into tablet, reboot into recovery mode as described above, choose install update from sd card, browse for the update, confirm your decision on the screen, give it a minute, and reboot into a rooted tablet with working android market ...

Enjoy ...

Upvote 0
Used the root kit, worked slick as you like - thanks! Upgraded firmware, worked again slick as you like - thanks again! However, just applied the ICS update and now it comes up
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Can this be 'fixed'?

Upvote 0
This roots the 10e, installs Superuser, Root Checker and Play Store ...

Install from recovery. Access recovery by holding the volume up and reset button for about three seconds, keep them held and switch the tablet on ( this is tricky if you have fat sausage like fingers, like me ), you can release the power button when boot logo shows, however if you can hold your position until recovery comes up then do so as it's picky about when you let go of the buttons.

Enjoy ...
I installed this on 2 Viewpads, one that was rooted and one that wasn't. Was able to get to the recovery mode on both but gave me the same message as @bobajob0:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I had USB debugging on when I transferred the file over to both and put it on the SD card. I was wondering whether there was a difference between the first gen and second gen Viewsonic Viewpad 10e.

I can't figure out what the issue can be. I have also tried to install on the rooted version both are running ICS fine. Can't get Playstore to work which is the real issue...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

J

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones