• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root, LagFix and Overclock with NO PC!

Hey guys, I thought I would share a root, lagfix and overclock method with you that I have used. I'm getting 2500 benchmark scores and have had NO problems with the Root method!

The Youtube user "akaskriller" has 8 videos that root, lagix and overclock your Samsung Vibrant!

Leave him some "love" and feedback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRwcCt_iavs

I've not heard of being able to overclock without a custom ROM.

Quadrant scores are pretty much meaningless. They're more for bragging rights than anything. The true test is how the phone responds to user input, loading apps etc.

Upvote 0
I've not heard of being able to overclock without a custom ROM.

Quadrant scores are pretty much meaningless. They're more for bragging rights than anything. The true test is how the phone responds to user input, loading apps etc.

Even without the overclock I was getting 2200 scores and yes the scores are for "fun" or bragging rights but since last night when I overclocked my Market is INSTANTANIOUS and I haven't found an app that lags yet!

As for the Overclocking only with custom ROMS? I don't believe I have ever heard that... The software akaskriller has is for stock 2.1 with no ROM so I don't know... He is also working on Froyo for the Vibrant with now ROM and just about has it ready except for the Home button not working...

Thanks for the input by the way! Have a good one!

Upvote 0
Even without the overclock I was getting 2200 scores and yes the scores are for "fun" or bragging rights but since last night when I overclocked my Market is INSTANTANIOUS and I haven't found an app that lags yet!

As for the Overclocking only with custom ROMS? I don't believe I have ever heard that... The software akaskriller has is for stock 2.1 with no ROM so I don't know... He is also working on Froyo for the Vibrant with now ROM and just about has it ready except for the Home button not working...

Thanks for the input by the way! Have a good one!

That's cool...whatever works for you! :)

I've not heard of a stock ROM being able to overclock, but it's not like I know everything.

Yeah...Eugene has a Froyo build for the Vibrant, but I know it has bugs. I'm sticking with Bionix until sombionix gets his hands on the official Froyo for the Vibrant. Now THAT should be good. :D

Upvote 0

I've not heard of a stock ROM being able to overclock, but it's not like I know everything.

Yeah...Eugene has a Froyo build for the Vibrant, but I know it has bugs. I'm sticking with Bionix until sombionix gets his hands on the official Froyo for the Vibrant. Now THAT should be good. :D

For sure!!! Creamy Buttercup

Upvote 0

yeah you told me to custum rom mine but i did some research i have a pre alpha build version of davids 1.6 oc kernel to scared to use it yet lol but it is possible im overclocked at 1.2 with his kernelits wicked fast

Upvote 0
whatever folks...akaskriller has made the Vibrant the phone it was built to be.
Google him, use his stuff, and DONATE! DONATE!
What is having the sickest phone on the planet worth to you?
BTW...Eclair is just fine after these fixes/roots - everyone's screaming for Froyo because T-Mobile made Samsung put out a real P.O.S.
- coming from hacked iPhone I know what a smartphone should 'feel' like - see my 'left apple' posts on XDA forums
ciao

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones