• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Root Menu? [Jelly Bean 4.3, GT-I9300]

Hey!

So I just rooted my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 [GT-I9300]) and well, I need something called a Root Menu? I don't know if it's automatically installed once you root the phone, or anything similar as this is my first time rooting a device. I have searched the Play Store for a root menu, just in case, but nothing has turned up. If someone could tell me how to either install or bring up said root menu, it will be highly appreciated!

Many Thanks!

Hi and welcome. If you successfully flashed the root file, or it was included in a custom ROM then you'll find an app in your app drawer either called 'Superuser' or 'SuperSu'. Both do the same job but haver a slightly different UI. Currently the SuperSu one from a developer called Chainfire is the most widely used and the only one that apparently works with new KitKat ROMs. For JB 4.1.x and up both will work.

Every time you install an app that requires Superuser permission (access to root) the Supperuser app will pop-up requesting you to grant root access for the app. You can at this stage either decline, grant once and then every x minutes or grant permanently even after an app update - you choose.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
This is the first I've ever heard of a root menu and I've been using rooted phones for over 2 years now. Please understand what root access actually is. It's administrator access to your phone basically. It allows certain apps to access the system parts of the phone that you normally can't access. SuperSU or Superuser is the app that controls what apps have access to root. I hope this explained things a little. For more info just type why do I need root or what is root into Google.

That being said, if you could post a link to the YouTube video you watched maybe one of us could explain what you saw better.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones