1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Root method for I337 4.3?

1. Jhershey

Jhershey New Member

I bought an S4 a couple days ago, updated to 4.3 firmware OTA, now I'm wanting to root but can't seem to find a way to do so. Tried Motochopper/LOKI and upon verifying root access via rootchecker, said I didn't have proper root access. Along with the Superuser "binary update" stuff that alot of people have been having. Anybody having the same issue or have a workaround? I'm trying to flash 4.4 kitkat google play edition but obviously need a successful root/recovery.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!

i moved you to the att s4 root forum for better eyes with folks here who can help you out.
  3. Jhershey

Jhershey New Member

Ah thank you! If anyone can assist please do!
  4. HwDzBeAzT

HwDzBeAzT Well-Known Member

whats up Jhershey best bet fastest n most simple directed that pointer this way------>Root Android phone, flash custom ROM and manage your Android devices, Rooting Freeware Download - Kingo download install plug your phone and done
    ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

+1 on HwDzBeAzT's suggestion. It's really the only game in town (currently), and quite easy. I would suggest updating superSU once rooted, as the one that gets installed during the root process is several revisions back. The new version will let you disable Knox too!
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

There were some concerns raised about Kingo at one time for lack of disclosure and having your phone contact servers in China
    See posts 21 October and 29 October here:
    [ROOT] Kingo Android Root Method - Page 10 - xda-developers
    xda-developers - View Single Post - Kingo Android ROOT - True one-click root - Xperia Z
    As far as I can tell the concenrs were addressed

There is another method which also works for 4.3 that some seem to consider safer:
    Safe (NOT vroot or kingo) root method for MK2 - xda-developers

I haven't used either but if I do root I'd try the second one.
    ocnbrze likes this.