• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TMobile] Root method for LG Optimus F6 that still works?

I have tried almost every root method and I cannot get it to work. My end goal is to be able to use my SD card as my primary Hard drive. Motochopper does not work because Superuser cant install. I really liked the one click root option but it seems to not install properly either....

I am in no way an expert at this, I am just an irritated consumer who needs more memory than a gig lol. Any and all help would be appreciative! I have the Tmobile version with an ATT connection.

I have tried almost every root method and I cannot get it to work. My end goal is to be able to use my SD card as my primary Hard drive. Motochopper does not work because Superuser cant install. I really liked the one click root option but it seems to not install properly either....

I am in no way an expert at this, I am just an irritated consumer who needs more memory than a gig lol. Any and all help would be appreciative! I have the Tmobile version with an ATT connection.

towelroot is working.

Upvote 0
Towelroot is the way to go for root. It's really easy and works well.

For moving data off internal memory, I use Link2SD. Even the free version relocates most apps to your sd card partition, and the paid version moves data to SD as well. I was able to install over 180 apps and there's still 800MB left in the internal with stock ROM (out of a meager 1.2GB to start with), so the scheme seems to work well. AFAIK that's the easiest way to move data to SD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones