Root method?

Last Updated:

1. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

Is there one that would work for this phone yet? I don't think many people have it yet. I wonder if root methods for Galaxy S would work for this as well, but I hate being a guinea pig.

2. superbean

superbean Member

Squeek Squeek. let us know if they work ^.^ Im waiting to buy it based upon being able to root and run custom roms. Really hope its rootable!
  3. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Well-Known Member

Well the processor is a tegra 2, (pretty good proc.), so however that is rooted this should be rooted by.
  4. clockwork58

Which method do you guys recommend? I'm coming over from the x10 community where there were a lot of roms and rooting methods available.

I'm not caught up on the what people are using on the Captivate/Galaxy S series.
  5. superbean

superbean Member

Rooting has to do with the kernel being ran, not the platform/proc?
    Samsung has not yet released the kernel for our phone so threres not a whole lot to be done yet. Soon though, either that or lawsuits over the GPL.
  6. nightfire

nightfire New Member

Agreed. It sure makes me appreciate how honest and forthcoming Nokia was with the n900 (in retrospect).

I put in a request with the Samsung Open Source Release Center for (at least) the kernel source. Getting impatient though.
  7. speculatrix

speculatrix Member

I am hoping there will be a European model soon, and fully unlocked..

Otherwise I will have to hope for an unlock/root method to be discovered so I can buy an ex ATT one off eBay.
  8. blandness

blandness New Member

we got's on xda "rooting the captivate glide"
  9. clockwork58

Woot Woot! I know.

But it's not working for me. [you can see my posts there]
    Hope i get it working on my work pc.
  10. jmm2009

jmm2009 New Member

Check it out
  11. jmm2009

jmm2009 New Member

12. clockwork58

Got my issue solved and now I'm rooted. Woot!
  13. taghag

taghag Well-Known Member

How hard is it really to root?: I Have read the xda thread numerous times but I am nervous. I jailbroke my iPhone successfully but unjailbreaking it was scary. Is rooting as simple as jailbreaking?
  14. thecoach1999

thecoach1999 Member

Go for it. I did my first root last night and custom ROM and it was a breeze. Today I rooted my GIO and my kid's Captive. Make sure your read the thread before doing anything. I got cocky rooting my kid's phone and downloaded a bad zip. I was able to fix, but I learned a hard lesson.

Good Luck. :)