• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root my droid without SPRecovery?

y0bailey

Aug 11, 2010
I cannot get SPRecovery to recognize my DROID, thus I cannot install it (I have tried every tip known to man).

Can I just rename a ROM to update.zip and do it the way I updated to Froyo? Why does this or does this not work and what are the consequences?

Any advice is appreciated!

I cannot get SPRecovery to recognize my DROID, thus I cannot install it (I have tried every tip known to man).

Can I just rename a ROM to update.zip and do it the way I updated to Froyo? Why does this or does this not work and what are the consequences?

Any advice is appreciated!

it does not work because its not signed to work with the stock recovery and nor can it be.

You can buy easy root and root without flashing the sbf

Upvote 0
it does not work because its not signed to work with the stock recovery and nor can it be.

You can buy easy root and root without flashing the sbf

So what your saying is that it won't work since I have the non-rooted 2.2 on there? I have to first root it, then install SPRecovery?

I just purchased easyroot and I am now rooted....I don't know why I didn't do that earlier.

Now I just made a backup with Clockwork and am about to install Liquid ROM. Wish me luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones