Root + No CityID = Much more Available Memory

Last Updated:

1. TheIncredibleJ

TheIncredibleJ Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else notice how much more available memory there is after this?

I can clearly see this in ATK. I know the controversy of task killers, but believe that using it correctly and responsibly is ok.

Anyhow, my available memory has increased drastically since rooting and removal of this CityID bloatware. Im curious as to where all this is coming from. On average im seeing about 100MB more memory. Is it possible it was all tied up with this garbage of an app? Just pointing this out to people who may have looked past this. Very interesting to me.

If anyone knows more than my noob self im very curious to hear more.

TheIncredibleJ

Advertisement
  2. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt you gained that much space from removing one app. Placebo effect, imo.

3. jonbar87

jonbar87 Well-Known Member

how did you remove it? I tried using root explorer but it keeps magically reappearing...

4. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

there's text commands around you have to use... my understanding is there some directories that don't have complete access to yet. So you can't use root explorer to remove apps.

5. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

How long has the phone been running? If you just removed CityID and rebooted your phone for example, you will see a massive amount of free memory. After a few hours though your memory will fill up and should fill up to about 30mb free for proper efficiency per the Android operating system.