• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rtwamski

Jun 30, 2011
I am new to rooting and forums as well so please bear with me. I just rooted my mez and have downloaded the EC10 voodoo kernel. I recently heard that that kernel is for fascinate. did I bone up my phone? Also I am looking for a step by step path to backup everything onto my computer and unroot (really freaked out about messing something up not not getting it back to operational). Please help. Thanks in advance.

I flashed using sgs kernel installer. :thinking:
1: Is there a mesmerize voodoo kernel or an equivalent to voodoo for lagfix?
2: With tibu do i just backup then transfer everything to my computer via sd mount?
3: What about unroot?
4: Can I restore after unrooting?
5: How do I enable/disable lagfix?

Have you seen the Heinz57 rom for mez?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-weRFSG9B0
It looks sweet (Remember I'm new to this. If there is something better please keep me informed)!

Upvote 0
I have seen the Heinz57, I have not flashed it, so I can't give you any feedback on it. There are a lot of guys on XDA who are far better than I am about this stuff that really like it a lot, FWIW.

As far as your other questions, you can't use TiB without root access. You only need to unroot if you are concerned about warranty issues when you go in to the USCC stores. Otherwise, just having root access does not affect your phone at all. It is the equivalent of having admin rights on a network. Even if you don't use the admin rights, the network still operates normally.

Download Dropbox to your phone, if you haven't already. Get the pro version of TiB and you can run backups that sync with dropbox. No SD mounting required.

Reactions: Country_Gravy
Upvote 0
How is everyone using cwm? I installed it from the market and there is no support in it for Mesmerize. There is Fascinate but no Mez. I open the app and it says that cwm recovery is need to use cwm. I go to the recovery part of the app and it asks what phone, the list is comprised of 5 different
galaxy s phones... no mez. So how is everyone using CWM?

Signed:
confused and frustrated mez owner

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones