• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] [ROOT][ONE-CLICK] How-To Get ADB running AND Root with SuperOneClick

maybe its just me but im not fully understanding what i need to do clearly to adb in order to root the kindle fire. Could anyone give a little more detailed and clear explanation? thank you

Here's the same process with pictures and more detailed steps:

How to root / jailbreak Kindle Fire using one click solution – SuperOneClick, also enable sideloading apps | Review Horizon

Note: DO NOT copy/paste the 0x1949 text from that webpage, it seems it pastes the X as a * or something. Just type it out.

Upvote 0
I've followed this instructions a couple of times... on three different computer... two xp and one windows 7 but adb finds no devices...

any ideas?

C:\android\platform-tools>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

Thanks

I was getting this too. I also tried manually typing in the code to the file. However, this did not work. Apparently, the .android folder was installed into the wrong user folder. I suspect this results from me meddling with the user folders a while back. I have several folders that are named JohnSmith and JohnSmith.003 etc.

So I just copied the .android folder into the correct one and ran the commands again.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys/Girls,
I got the latest over the air update to my kindle fire.
It updated, i tried to re-root (using superoneclick) and nothing, it doesnt work.
I have 3 questions:
1)Has anyone managed to root it with this update
2)If not is there a way to restore to an earlier point in time (Before update).
3)Is there something that can block over the air updates till I approve them?

Upvote 0
So I was messing around with different one clicks since I got ADB going on my kindle fire and I was able to Successfully use SuperOneClick 2.2 to root my kindle fire!

I am not sure why, but every time I try to use this, it stops responding.

I am not sure what this sdk you are speaking of is, but I checked the files you added and they already have the lines...

;Kindle Fire
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006&MI_01

added to them.

Also that .android folder you spoke of has that other line you spoke of in it as well.

I am attempting to root my Kindle Fire (1st Gen.) so any help would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0
The issue I'm having is after attempting to root, my kf auto installed its driver and now I cant get it to connect thru adb or even as mass storage. I cant even see my device under 'computer' when it was working fine just prior to the attempt. I have tried three different.dl's of the driver for kindle fire so I'm sufficiently confused at this point. Ive rooted and flashed plenty and never had this problem before now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones