1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[ROOT] One-click root for LG Connect 4G :: 3/3/2012

1. k0nane

k0nane Well-Known Member Developer

k0nane, Shabbypenguin, and bliss present...
    One Click Root for LG Connect 4G

About

Oh hello, Connect users! I'll be brief - your phone is close to the LG Spectrum. It can be rooted the same way. So we didn't actually have to do anything! The talented Dan Rosenberg already rooted the LG Spectrum (see here) and was kind enough to post a one-click for Windows and OS X/Linux. Myself and Shabbypenguin don't have much to add - it works, Mr. Rosenberg (bliss/@djrbliss) did all the work, you all have him to thank.

But, without further ado...

How to Install

Your device must be in USB Debugging mode. To turn it on, go to Settings > Applications > Development and check the box.

Linux/Mac: Connect your device to your PC, unpack the archive, and run run.sh. You may need to chmod 755 run.sh.

Windows: Install the LG Spectrum USB drivers (download), unpack the archive, and open run.bat.

Downloads
    We do not use file hosts with waiting times or CAPTCHAs!

Windows Download (Direct) | Mirrors :: Direct #2
    Linux/Mac Download (Direct) | Mirrors :: Direct #2

Credits

• Dan Rosenberg: security researcher, rooter, friend of the Hit Squad, did all the work
    • markolo25: locating working drivers
    • Shabbypenguin: Shabbypenguin

Don't forget to join us in the IRC channel! If you want to donate, donate to the EFF, Red Cross, or Mr. Rosenberg.

Advertisement
    :
    Xieon, mussio, S3M420 and 33 others like this.
  2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

reserved
    webyrd and cynical0ne like this.
  3. k0nane

P-O-S-T :: R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D

[​IMG]

Original artwork by Pendulum via Gasolin3.

...for future use.

Follow me on Twitter @k0nane and @publik0!
    Follow Dan Rosenberg on Twitter @djrbliss!
    webyrd likes this.
  4. kidthai

kidthai Well-Known Member

Awesome job! That was quick and thanks!
  5. kidthai

Root success. Deleting bloatware with root explorer. Is it okay to delete the yahoo and Google apps?
  6. k0nane

Yes, but do not delete Talk, or anything that starts with "Google" in its filename. Keep backups just in case.
    webyrd, blackdeath48 and kidthai like this.
  7. KUSHWRECK

KUSHWRECK Well-Known Member

Nice!
  8. kidthai

Alrighty thanks!
  9. brayan31

brayan31 Active Member

Thanks guys that was fast :)
  10. Matlon

Matlon Well-Known Member

This is great. Now, someone should make a custom rom =)
  11. brayan31

brayan31 Active Member

i cant get my phone to interact with the computer i have selected usb debugging and all the options in the connectivity area how did u guys do it?
  12. kidthai

Did u install the LG Spectrum's drivers in your computer?
    firenemesis7 likes this.
  13. prodman

prodman New Member

So this is safe for the Lg connect 4glte (metro pcs)...just pumped out 4hundo on this dang thing don't want to Fk it up
  14. budde2

budde2 Well-Known Member

I am waiting a while before i do anything cuz how the esteem was all fk up out the box
  15. Shabbypenguin

you should do a google search for our names :p

we like to get the ball rolling on phones that may not otherwise see any kind of dev love. myself and k0nane have been involved in the rooting/rom/cwming of a good number of phones. root is done, i have a test cwm that is available... however at this t ime with no return it makes it VERY risky in that you wont be able to get back to stock should something go amiss :/
    webyrd, matter0ni and flabinall like this.
  16. drylakebed

drylakebed New Member

I downloaded the spectrum_drivers.zip file and extracted this file: LG VZW_United_WHQL_v2.4.1.exe .
    That's great, but my LG Connect is on MetroPCS.
    Do you have a spectrum driver file for MetroPCS?
    thx.
  17. Shabbypenguin

trust us the driver works, the one from lg doesnt
  18. drylakebed

drylakebed New Member

When I begin the run process on the Verizon executable, the first box states it's the Verizon app. I hit "cancel" to stop the installation at that point.

Different network. Both are CDMA, but MetroPCS is a different network and I'm concerned that the Verizon LG Connect might have different Android OS tweaks than the MetroPCS LG Connect does.

Did you create this .exe? If so, can you create one for MetroPCS LG Connects? Do you test on Connect phones from both operators?

Looking to hear your thoughts...
    thx
  19. Rlwallace

Rlwallace Active Member

Yes it works i have it on my Lg connect 4g from metro , it works flawlessly trust them and us when we say it works with no issues, i trusted them enough to take control over my pc to try and get this rolling but we couldnt get ADB to work luckly someone else showed up that could and then boom we had root ive already deleted 18 bloatware apps also nothing will go wrong with ur phone

20. drylakebed

drylakebed New Member

this makes me nervous now;

"...i trusted them enough to take control over my pc to try and get this rolling but we couldnt get ADB to work luckly someone else showed up that could and then boom we had root ive already deleted 18 bloatware apps also nothing will go wrong with ur phone...."

Why did someone need to remotely access your pc to get this to work? Also, what if I don't have someone else to show up? Do I freeze my pc, or brick my phone?

Can you clarify why you needed remote access to your pc to get this to work?

Also, I'm assuming Gingerbreak doesn't work on this phone like it did on my last LG. Yes?
  21. Rlwallace

Rlwallace Active Member

because they did not have the phone nor have they seen or messed with one yet what were they suppose to do magically make the exploit from scratch , they were gonna root my phone for me from my pc by doing their magic i watched everything they did and not once did i feel like they were doing something they should have not been , TRUST ME YOUR PHONE IS GONNA BE FINE , but do as you wish man keep the bloat if you like its your loss

22. Rlwallace

Rlwallace Active Member

the other person was able to get adb working which helped that is all i meant by that, he showed up in the irc channel
  23. kidthai

Just follow their instructions. It works
  24. Jaredmh20

Jaredmh20 Member

Doesn't work for me.. it just stops on *Waiting for Device*

Although the "Debugging" mode is grayed out when the USBs plugged in. That might be why isn't not working, but how do I check it?
  25. k0nane

What rlwallace said has absolutely no connection to what you are going to do with what you see here. He was helping us test drivers and root methods.

That's exactly why it's not working. As the instructions state, you have to check that box, which you can't do while it's plugged in.

We are aware that the drivers have notes about Verizon in them. Trust us, they work for - and as of this time, are the ONLY drivers that work for - this device.
    drylakebed likes this.