Root Only Apps

Last Updated:

1. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I just got root and started messing with it and I was wondering what are some apps that are root only. I'm already running wifi tether and root explorer and terminal. Is there any more apps for root only?

Advertisement
  2. Ruh17

Ruh17 Well-Known Member

cachemate works

3. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

T2Noob! I finally got wifi tether to work! All you have to do is re-flash to the 0_2 room, then upgrade to the 0_3 and install the wifi tether through Astro app! Idk why but going to 0_2 removed the problems I was getting!

4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

I had to go to.2 then upgrade to .3 without clearing data. Just .3 didn't work for me either.

5. T2noob

For those having a hard time with the Wireless tether here is the link for the one that works without a hitch on 0_3 Just install it like you would any other app.
    You don't get that wifi interface error that you do with the other ones.
    With this one you don't need to dowgrade to 0_2 or anything else like that Just install thru astro or another app like it (btw Root explorer is a lot better than astro, definitely worth the 2 dollars I paid for it.)
    http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wireless_tether_1_70-pre2_htc.apk

6. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member

search "Root" in the market, it will give you all the app's that require Root

7. T2noob

Yeah I know that some apps are on the market, but i was just wondering if there were apps outside the market like the Wifi tethering one.

8. gohamstergo

gohamstergo Active Member

I've found Estrongs File Explorer to be far superior to Astra in terms of both UI and functions (root, sdcard, lan, ftp, bluetooth). But everybody has there own opinions. Just wanted to post another option for anyone reading :)