• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PatyCake

Aug 1, 2011
I am a proud Dinc 2 owner since april 28 2011. I love it. First smartphone i have ever owned and it works wonders. Here's the catch, the Inc S got the 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0 update awhile back, and i really want that update. But if i dont, should i root? And if 'yes', i would like some reasons.
Thanks

AdFree, Overclock/Undervolt, custom options, tethering, and ROMs from some amazing Developers.
That is why I will always ROOT ROOT!
I would NOT root if I were at all uncomfortable with having to mess around and devote time to making things work the way I like'm. Sometimes stock is just fine, and sometimes you just get the bug...

What is overclock/undervolt?
Also, can i root 2.3.4?

Upvote 0
I flashed Andy's Bone Stock 5.10.605.9 ROM (Latest update for the Incredible 2), and then flashed a Sense 3.0 Patch. You get the lock screen, Weather, Connect To PC, Phone, and a few other little things like live wallpapers, all from Sense 3.0. I recommend that route if you like the stock feel but want the freedom of root (goodbye VZW garbage).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones