• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root + OverclockWidget = Insane Battery Life 40+ Hours

nick325i

Android Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2009
I have root and Overclock Widget. I have the CPU scale down to the 200 mhz range when screen off and 998 when screen on. Below is a screen shot after 21 hours off the charger at %49. This puts the phone at almost 2 days before a charge is needed.

This is not a root thread. Please do not ask for help rooting and lets keep it on topic! :)

Battery.png

I hadnt considered rooting until reading this, but now I am looking at rooting before the week is up. What are the disadvantages to rooting this EVO? Its my first android phone, but I had read a few things about rooting problems with 2.1, etc. Things that wouldnt work right. And other than this, what are some of the great things that will happen after rooting?

Upvote 0
Does this work with unrevoked or toast?

Silly question, does it consume battery to make the cpu change speed.

My root is toast, says so in my sig :)

Of course it uses battery to change freq. You use battery every second your phone is on. The question is how much and really changing the frequency isn't using any more battery than idle.

Upvote 0
Hey I forget where to find the info in your screen shot. Whats it under to see % of battery life and temp.

I have root and Overclock Widget. I have the CPU scale down to the 200 mhz range when screen off and 998 when screen on. Below is a screen shot after 21 hours off the charger at %49. This puts the phone at almost 2 days before a charge is needed.

Battery.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones