Root people only please!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

Mods please leave this here for now...just a few days!

Can you guys tell me if there is any difference between the quad core devices once rooted?

Reason I ask is at the moment we have 4 USA network device forums and one international, it seems that in the international one we are essentially catering for both 9505 and 9500, I've suggested doing two root sections 9505 and a 9500, do you guys that use the network ones think this is enough or should there be a further split with the 9505 section? Going by xda the one split seems to be enough, what do you guys think?

The xda page I go to is , is this the same one you use? As far as I'm aware this is the only page available!

if this thread can be moved/copied to multiple root forums that's great, it won't be seen in the questions and suggestions page, so please can we keep it here for a wee while mods/guides?

Pretty please?

pretty pretty please?

EarlyMon likes this.
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

3. sntaylor

Lol no problem....can we keep this page here though to advertise the link to the question and answers forum?
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Here you go sntaylor... my two-penneth worth.

Just two general forums...

Samsung Galaxy S4 (octa core) i9500

Samsung Galaxy S4 (quad core) i9505

Since, I believe, that anyone new to the forums, or to the S4, will at least be able to get to the correct area straight away. These 2 forums could then have their own ATR sub section without fear of confusing too many posters or damaging phones.

After all, Samsung treat the two handsets as 2 separate entities.
    sntaylor likes this.
  5. sntaylor

That certainly makes sense and saves having to delve into further problems with different handsets, you'll still get people in the wrong forum regardless(I had someone mail me about the note 1 after only making one post in a thread within the s4 root, I've never even visited the note page before that!) My only fear would be people in the octa forum may not get the answer to a problem which could have been answered easily by someone in the quad forum! It does appear to me that your option may, as usual, be the better option :p