root phone has to go sprint

Last Updated:

1. philly0128

philly0128 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to figure out what to do here. my wife phone has been rebooting like many others here. prior to rooting, it became a little more frequent when froyo came out. she finds when surfing the net and the phone is plugged in as well. Today while she was driving it rebooted 5 times in less than an hour.

right now I have her phone rooted with S-off, I tried switching her from backed snacks 1.7 to latest to fresh 3.2, then I changed her to BK 1.75 to fresh 3.3. I thought maybe it was 1 of her apps, so when I loaded fresh, I loaded none of her apps and it rebooted about 3 times in about 10 mins, then it was fine for the rest of the day.

I'm thinking maybe I should reload the stock version and then unroot. so she can take it in.

If there's a fix for this rebooting guys please let me know, been doing alot of search here and xda and google. I see users complaining about it, but no solution.

Advertisement
  2. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

did you try to do factory reset before flashing a different ROM? Also what kernal are you using?

3. philly0128

yes I did a factory reset as well just to run a test and within the factory reset not touching the phone it rebooted twice. once I saw that I figured it wasn't her apps or the kernal so I did a nandroid restore for data only. the only thing I haven't done is update the radio it's still at 1.40

for both ROM I used the default kernal, when that didn't work, I then used the netchary listed in sig on fresh

4. Painkillaz

hmm yea then i dont know, i had the reset problem when i tried using a custom kernal but then i just flashed fresh 3.3 and i havent had one random reset since.

5. philly0128

are you using Netarchy-toastmod-4.1.9.1

6. Painkillaz

no that is the one that made my evo reset randomly...now im running the new htc kernal that has the fps uncapped and fresh 3.3

7. philly0128

I thought fresh 3.3.1 has the latest kernal in it, can tell me the name of the kernal you have loaded.

I just read some other threads, alot complain about rebooting after using the gps. I just tested her phone and 2 mins of using the google nav, it rebooted, and this is what she was trying to use today as well that caused the phone to reboot 5 times.

I think it's something in the gps or the nav app b/c i'm testing the sprint app right now and so far it's still running

8. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member