• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root problem- Mac

imronburgundy

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
So I was rooted running Fab's Apex rom. I got greedy and thought that if I sbf back to 2.2 then go back to the rom I'll be able to up my overclock speeds. Well, now I cannot get root back. I'm using the mac method and maybe someone can help me. I've extracted everything correctly into the sdk folder, then once I've cd to the tools folder, the next step is the "chmod 0755" step. Everytime I type it in, it gives me an error message saying its not found. Anyone encountered this or know of a fix for it? Thanks in advance.

Download the SDK. Download "doroot.sh" for Linux/Mac. Plug phone in, hit PC Mode. Go to Settings, Applications, Development. Hit USB Debugging. Then turn it to Charge Only.

On Mac:
Open terminal. Navigate to the /tools folder. "chmod 0775 doroot.sh"
Then type "doroot.sh"
A bunch of text will go crazy.
Hope it works.

That's all off the top of my head of how I did it on my MacBook. Good luck!!

Upvote 0
Download the SDK. Download "doroot.sh" for Linux/Mac. Plug phone in, hit PC Mode. Go to Settings, Applications, Development. Hit USB Debugging. Then turn it to Charge Only.

On Mac:
Open terminal. Navigate to the /tools folder. "chmod 0775 doroot.sh"
Then type "doroot.sh"
A bunch of text will go crazy.
Hope it works.

That's all off the top of my head of how I did it on my MacBook. Good luck!!

Yeah, those are the instructions I originally tried. Kept getting an error when doing the "chmod 0755 doroot.sh" step. Ended up spending hours trying to get it to work and eventually did the one click root on my old windows computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones