• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problem - Universal Androot

Yes but the issue with that is once you start reading your email, then you will have to back out to get back to the main screen where the 3 email accounts are listed otherwise once you click on the icon when is says you have mail it will take you to the last email you read or account last on ;)

I went a different route - I took all 3 shortcuts and put them in the trash and then I moved the email icon from apps (it shows the combined mailbox and that has a counter for each account) and put it on my home screen. Now when I get an email I only have to touch one icon and I view all three accounts.

For the record - what is LP? (It used to mean an album...)

Upvote 0
I went a different route - I took all 3 shortcuts and put them in the trash and then I moved the email icon from apps (it shows the combined mailbox and that has a counter for each account) and put it on my home screen. Now when I get an email I only have to touch one icon and I view all three accounts.

For the record - what is LP? (It used to mean an album...)

LP is Launcher pro, a launcher for your phone. Some have ADW, some like LP. aosp 0.9.9.1's launcher is a stock launcher. CM6 has ADW as its launcher

Upvote 0
As long as I am Chevy Chase:rolleyes:
Chevy Chase, while very funny, is a jerk, so you and he are not alike.;)

You better take that back 6 weeks now, don't short change me, haha :D:D:D

And Don, in spirit you have been rooted for like 12 months. :)

(I just like busting all you guys' balls, because I can't get a word in before any of you:p)

Upvote 0
How do you downgrade to 2.27.651.5? I am stuck on 2.31.651.7 and it wont let me root, I've looked everywhere when I try to run the RUU to 2.27 it tells me app error 140, bootloader version wrong. any help?

If you are looking to root, just download Z4Root and use that as it works with all Android 2.1 builds. You can find it pretty easily if you do a Google search.

One you have downloaded it, sideload it to your microSD card and then use a file explorer like EStrongs File Explorer to install it. You can then run it and do a permanent root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones