Root question/ ROM next ?

Last Updated:

1. rweddy

rweddy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry to be asking suck a dumb a$$ question but trying to get my head wrapped around this.

I have rooted, WiFi Tether, Over clocked, busy bot, block OTA,usb dubugging, over clocked, ...

So pretty much everything from the site root your droid, but my question is....

What ROM am I on now?

So I am thinking about loading a custom ROM and after lots of searching forums understand asking what is the best is like asking what is best car or best sports team, etc.

What will I gain from these ROM(s) I have major think I want wifi tether, overclocking, blocking adds, etc. My phone is very stable now but have read some ROMS are buggy.

And what is the best or preferred way way to install a ROM? Full wipe or update.zip???

Cheers

-R

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

My recommendations would be Bugless Beauty, Bugless Beast, and SholesMOD. If your coming from stock right now then I would do a full wipe and use either a update.zip OR a Nandroid backup. Bugless beast and SholesMOD both come with wifi tether and overclocking, however to block ads I think you need a app called AdFree or something like that. I have used both the Beauty and Beast and never had any stability issues, SholesMOD I have yet to try but I hear it is pretty good too.

And you asked what ROM are you on now.....well did you flash one? Did you use a app like SMUpdater? If you installed all those mods and rooted manually then your on stock, if you used SMUpdater then your on SholesMOD.

3. MYandroidUSERNAME

MYandroidUSERNAME Well-Known Member

nandroid backups for the win...

4. rweddy

rweddy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks I understand it now, I updated rooted manually so I am on stock or now my own custom ROM now since I added WiFi tether, overclocking, AdFree, etc.

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Your still on stock. A custom ROM would require you to flash one, all you have done is added in some modifications.