• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root question

hilmartor

Aug 8, 2010
Hi,

I am thinking about rooting my Desire. I have these questions if anyone could answer.

1. Is it difficult to root the phone? I know there are guides all over the place - but for a regular Joe, is it difficult?

2. If I root the phone doe is zero out everything on it? Do I have to install all tha apps again and themes?

3. Do I get any improvements if I root. I am doing this to be able to buy Market Apps which is currently not available in my country (Iceland).

4. Is there anything that says I should not do this? A change to harm or f*** up the phone?

Cheers all!

Hi, It's not difficult.....just make sure you follow the appropriate guide (depending on hboot & screen type) word for word.

Rooting will wipe everything from your phone......apps & data

There are loads of reasons to root...... applications such as setcpu and titanium backup.... and being able to try loads of custom roms are a few

There's always a chance I guess.... and you will invalidate any warranty you have. having said that the rooting process is pretty stable now. recommend you use unrevoked 3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones