Root question

Last Updated:

1. hilmartor

hilmartor Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am thinking about rooting my Desire. I have these questions if anyone could answer.

1. Is it difficult to root the phone? I know there are guides all over the place - but for a regular Joe, is it difficult?

2. If I root the phone doe is zero out everything on it? Do I have to install all tha apps again and themes?

3. Do I get any improvements if I root. I am doing this to be able to buy Market Apps which is currently not available in my country (Iceland).

4. Is there anything that says I should not do this? A change to harm or f*** up the phone?

Cheers all!

Advertisement
  2. Kev23

Kev23 Well-Known Member

Hi, It's not difficult.....just make sure you follow the appropriate guide (depending on hboot & screen type) word for word.

Rooting will wipe everything from your phone......apps & data

There are loads of reasons to root...... applications such as setcpu and titanium backup.... and being able to try loads of custom roms are a few

There's always a chance I guess.... and you will invalidate any warranty you have. having said that the rooting process is pretty stable now. recommend you use unrevoked 3

3. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

4. gmarkj

gmarkj Well-Known Member

Rooting the phone won't wipe everything off it. What wipes it is installing the new Rom...