• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root questions

CrayzeeCarl

Apr 8, 2010
Hi everyone! I'm looking to root my Eris with 2.1 tonight but I have a couple questions that I haven't found a definitive answer for. Hopefully someone can answer them for me.

1. Does Exchange mail work with any of these 2.1 ROMs? I think I remember reading that it wasn't working with some of them. This is pretty much a deal breaker for me, so if it doesn't work, I will probably wait.

2. Does the HTC Music player work with these 2.1 ROMs? If not, is there at least a music player that can still be used on the lock screen? I like that I don't have to swipe on the lock screen to navigate to the next track.

3. Will Live Wallpapers ever be usable with Sense or is there some inherent incompatibility? Are they not available on the official 2.1 with Sense enabled?

Thanks in advance!

1. Exchange mail works on my ROM. It should work on other rom's as well.

2. My VanillaDroid rom uses the Nexus One music app. It requires you to unlock the phone to change the track. Most other rom's use Sense still, and should include the stock HTC music app, which should work normally.

Upvote 0
Exchange mail and calendar sync fine for me. Contacts initially sync'd but now I get a socket time out when trying to sync contacts (mail and calendar still work fine). I'm using your ROM GrdLock. Not sure if it's an issue with the ROM, 2.1 or something else. It's not critical for me to have my contacts sync'd to my exchange server as long as I have email and calendar, so I've been living with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones