• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [Root][Recovery]Ultimate warp drive!

its doesnt work for me... idk it just says waiting for device and it sits on the green andoid screen on my phone i let it sit there for about 30 min it just hangs there

update guys ok even though it said waiting for device it works fine i powered of and held volume up and power and it works fine

I'm not sure you did it right.... Everyone who's having a problem installing CWM. Make sure you have installed the correct drivers...

Upvote 0
First off I would like to thank woodstock (and others) for their hard work and efforts for those of us that are "command line" challenged and are rather root newbs, for releasing files so that we can root and/or re-root, and change the recovery mode from cwm to factory.
I for one am VERY thankful you all are around and have patience enough to deal with us child like rooters :).
I wanna say hats off, thank you to you all. You have made it so VERY simplistic to do things.
Thank you doesn't seem to be enough really, but it's all I have, so again, thank you so VERY much for your hard work, patience, and efforts you all put into this and other work. Did I mention to say Thank you? :)

I salute you and send out shout-outs to you all.

Best Regards to you all

PS: I hope this isn't a run-on sentence or something similar , I have a bad habit of that, I apologize if it is.

Upvote 0
I present to the people who are confused the one click process for installing quietstorm's CWM recovery image. The script is hard-coded to install only the original image file name when you download it so if you have changed the name, it will give you an error. Also, Please make sure that this script goes in with the support files (where adb-windows is) and please place the .img file in the same location or else it won't work. I have tested this file myself, so it works.

Happy.. clockworkmodding? xD

Also if it doesn't work as it should, feedback will be nice so I can make the appropriate changes.

If you don't have the files needed to install or if you have problems, here is a package that includes the correct files, the custom recovery, and the one click script: clockworkmod with support files and one click script.zip

edit: for the updated script, see this post.
why doesn't it work for me???
i don't get it, please help me, i by mistake updated my zte warp to the b08c, so i now i can't get root back, so im trying to install cwm, but its not working, when i run it, its saying rebooting, but nothing happens, then i get a message saying, commend not recognized as an internal or external command.
and i also tried the other one that i found, that one restarts the phone to the green android screen, and it stays there, nothing happens from there.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT
joey

Upvote 0
I can't get this to work to save my life, lol. Not even sure I need it just yet, but I'd like to get it to work...I'm sure I'm not the only one having problems. I have rooted successfully but is there any way someone could make a more clear step by step process from beginning to end on this so we can all enjoy CWM. thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this sounds sumb but if I have the previous cwm (which was hell to figure out and finally get going):eek: how can I edit it to include or use your edited cwm?

Right click the script, click edit. Make sure you have the new build in the same location as the script and look for this line (or ctrl+f and paste the line below)

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery QuietCwmRecovery-Beta2.img

Now once you found that, change the "QuietCwmRecovery-Beta2" part to "ztewarpcwm5028c" provided you havn't changed the name of that file yet. If you have then replace it with what you have named the cwm recovery image file. Hit save and exit. Run it and that should do it :)

Lemme know if that didn't do it

Upvote 0
Right click the script, click edit. Make sure you have the new build in the same location as the script and look for this line (or ctrl+f and paste the line below)

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery QuietCwmRecovery-Beta2.img

Now once you found that, change the "QuietCwmRecovery-Beta2" part to "ztewarpcwm5028c" provided you havn't changed the name of that file yet. If you have then replace it with what you have named the cwm recovery image file. Hit save and exit. Run it and that should do it :)

Lemme know if that didn't do it

Thanks...trying it now *crossing fingers* and yes you and woodstock are very helpful even a noob like me can figure out:D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: aaanadie
Upvote 0
data recovery is working in CWM, but you have to flash a fix for the OS located here: http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/521484-security-features-3.html#post4136279 to make it work, something in the phone's software causes the data partition to be wiped out when you restore, cwm works fine but zte put something in the kernal or something that causes the apps to get wiped.

Flash the fix from that post and then the restore is golden. Bada boom!

Reactions: Snake X
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones