• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROOT] RegawMOD Hero Rooter v1.3 | Updated - 3/06/11

DonB

♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™
Nov 30, 2009
18th Hole Of the Golf Course
New release [ROOT] RegawMOD Hero Rooter v1.3 | Updated - 3/06/11

Description:
RegawMOD Hero Rooter provides easy rooting of the HTC CDMA Hero. Successful in rooting all builds up to 2.31.651.7
Now updated for x64 processor computers.

What it does:

• Gains root shell on Heroc using rageagainstthecage
  • Installs SuperUser and su binary
  • Flashes Clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 recovery
  • Patches boot.img (sets ro.secure = 0, for adb root, adb remount)
  • Cleans up non-necessary files after run.
Usage:
Run the "Hero Root.exe" on your computer, then plug in your Hero. It will recognize that you plugged it in, and a big button the reads "ROOT ME" will appear. Press that button and watch as your phone is rooted in under 50 seconds from start to finish.

Requirements:
HTC Drivers installed (installed with HTC Sync)
.NET 4.0 installed

Screenshots
Screenshots

Changelog
Version 1.3 | 03-06-2011:
  • Re-wrote from ground-up (almost)
  • More error checking
Version 1.2 | 02-19-2011:

• Re-coded for x64 support
Version 1.1 | 02-17-2011:

• Re-coded ANDROIDUSB.sys checking
  • Updated flashed recovery to clockworkmod 3.0.0.5
Version 1.0 | 02-14-2011:

• Initial Release

Download Latest Release
Version 1.3 x86
Version 1.3 x64

Download Info
x86
MD5: 98f4915d2061a2d48ba32fcbdaa98f27
Virus Total Report
x64
MD5: 33dc9f569e71afdde2f56ca7a6665253
Virus Total Report

[ROOT] RegawMOD Hero Rooter v1.1 | Updated - 2/17/11 - RELEASE VERSION

C&P From Regaw
This is my brand new CDMA Hero Rooter. This will root all 2.1 builds of Android. Tested successfully on 2.31.651.7.

Download version 1.1
Hero Root.exe

MD5: e323c7aff3177d2bb4aef9b821a06f6a

For all of you that may or may not think that this contains a virus, here is the
VirusTotal Report

Upvote 0
[ROOT] RegawMOD Hero Rooter v1.2 | Updated - 2/19/11 - RELEASE VERSION

Description:
RegawMOD Hero Rooter provides easy rooting of the HTC CDMA Hero. Successful in rooting all builds up to 2.31.651.7
Now updated for x64 processor computers.

• Initial Release

Latest Release
Version 1.2 x86
Version 1.2 x64

Download Info
x86
MD5: 86e965ee02d9da0a87db986c0a25cd06
Virus Total Report
x64
MD5: 7c247e70b31aa033c26df59f2e14d2e9
Virus Total Report

Source Code Available By Request Only​

Upvote 0
May have over @ XDA and say it worked like a charm, report back

Has anyone used this yet? It sounds like it is very easy and kind of a "one click" process. I have had my Hero for about a year now. I have read many different posts on rooting the phone. I have decided I would try that to see what a difference it will make. So any feedback about this particular process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Norman

Upvote 0
I'm not a techno geek guy at all. Just overheard some friends talk about how they "rooted" there phones over the weekend. I decided to read up a little monday/tuesday. Read the GB thread on this site and later found this One-Touch Root method which apparently just came out.

I had 2.1 w update 1.
Down loaded file, had to run HTC sync, followed directions and it was rooted.

I later went to the GB thread and followed directions there. I had to dig into other links like "how to flash a ROM" "how to boot in recovery".... to comprehend the GB thread. Like I said, I'm new to all this. Had Hero for over a year and figured if I screwed up (unrecoverably), I'd just upgrade to an Evo. Now I'm going to hold on to this for a while!

Now my phone:
Android V2.3.3

Downloaded "Barnacle" App and Wifi hotspot is working as well! Now I need to figure out what other goodies lie in a rooted Hero. Speed seems to have improved, batt life--jury is still out, but I'm optimistic. Having to redownload apps to try it all out.

Just wanted to let you know if I can do it, anyone can. Thanks to those who make it easy for dumbies like me! First time I've ever dealt with software....ever.

Reactions: andygu3 and DonB
Upvote 0
NP bro, will do it now

Hey DonB, could I ask you to put my most recent version in post #1 instead of post #3, just to make sure everyone is using the same and correct version? Thanks :)

Hope you guys are enjoying the program. Let me know if there are any problems with it and I'll fix them asap

Upvote 0
Weird, Make sure your debugging is on

I'm having a problem with this guys. I don't even have the phone connected to the computer and as soon as I open the program on the status bar at the bottom it says,
"Connected - Not a CDMA Hero". I don't have the phone hooked up and it give me that message. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
OK I would also post it there, and i will tell him to check it again, the issue is he is a busy man so I am sure he does not check in every day

Ok, thanks. I checked on the XDA forum and a couple other people had that issue too, but seems like it kind of got skipped over.

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem with this guys. I don't even have the phone connected to the computer and as soon as I open the program on the status bar at the bottom it says,
"Connected - Not a CDMA Hero". I don't have the phone hooked up and it give me that message. Any ideas?
Hey, sorry about this problem you're having. I've been looking in to it for the past few days, and I have just come up with a better solution. I'm rewriting the entire program with better code lol. I should have it done in a day or so. I just kind of hacked this version together on my cruise ship without regards to oop or really any traditional programming techniques haha. So look forward to a newer version soon!

-Dan

Reactions: ccoll5 and DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones