Root, ROM and Room question?

Last Updated:

1. roksta

roksta Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,
    just recently rooted my Hero for the first time and have, I think, partitioned the sd card. However I did this AFTER I had loaded a custom rom. I have between 20 and 30 apps on board. The Hero is spec'd with 512 MB of ROM. I am currently showing 141 MB. I am running the latest version (v12) of the Villian 2.1.

Does 141MB seem lowish or is that about right given the number of apps I have downloaded. I am not too sure of the size of these apps. The second question I have revolves around partitioning of the SD Card. Can this be done post custom rom installation or should it be done before. And in the description of the rom, it says A2SD is included and that after the card is partitioned the ROM "takes care of the rest". How do I know if my apps are on the card or in ROM? How can I tell if I have successfully partitioned the SD Card

Love the ROM,
    love the forum

Dave

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yes, apps2sd is working; 150MB is tonnes. That's the sort of free space you get on a fresh install of a ROM. And no, it doesn't matter if you partition the card post flashing :)

There's a script to check if apps2sd is enabled, but I don't have the link on my phone. (I'm 99.9% sure you have it working though anyway).

[Sent via Taptalk]

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Did you partition and make the partition ext2 via the recovery menu?

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

5. roksta

roksta Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks heaps guys...
    Jaffa...yes I did it via the recovery menu...this forum and those like you guys are simply awesome.