Root/Rom/Reload?

Last Updated: 2012-12-20 00:19:00
  1. cbird02

cbird02 New Member

I am ready for an overhaul of my phone. It is getting slow and I want root access and I would like a newer android version.

I have found all the relevant info for rooting and getting new rom's, but I am not sure if I should keep my data intact or reload and what rom to get.

I have settings for servers for email(exchange) that I need along with all the typical stuff - pictures, movies, and contacts.

I use my phone heavily for work since I am in outside sales, including - pictures in attics to show clients, google maps extensively with GPS, calendars for appts, lots of talking,emailing, texting, browsing and tasking.

I really want the best performance possible, so I think I should re-load or start from fresh, but I am not sure how difficult this will be.

I don't care about transferring apps, I don't mind starting anew.

Also, with the use above in mind - which ROM should I use? Peach Sunrise or CM9 or other?

Advertisement
  2. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

This is an easy root process compared to other phones. If you have android version 2.3.6, you can root by the instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1686384

Peach Sunrise ROM is based on the stock ROM so that may be one to consider. It is lightly themed. I flashed RebelROM and it has some ICS features and it's a stable ROM.
  3. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Well-Known Member

Don't do it. Simple as that. If u need the phone for work, I wouldn't do it. Root maybe not rom. Too many issues. Too much time perfecting it's inner workings.
  4. cbird02

cbird02 New Member

Ok, I could probably get away with just rooting it. My primary goal is to get the phone working faster and to get Tethering access without paying a fee.

Can anyone direct me to a thread or just give me advice on improving performance after rooting?

How about tethering advice after rooting / without new rom?
  5. tube517

Do you have android version 2.3.6 ?
  6. cbird02

cbird02 New Member

Yes...2.3.6
  7. tube517

DaisFlaque likes this.
  8. carmine92207

carmine92207 Member

Is there any custom ROM's for Samsung Exhibit the first 1