[ROOT} root not happening with no SN

Last Updated: 2012-02-04 08:20:46
  1. Lostsorrow

Lostsorrow Well-Known Member

After much research it seems as if somehow I ended up with a german prime running US software. The results in the image below match what other people have been posting on XDA. There is no serial number encoded into the tablet which will turn into a fun call with Asus later. (will update with results) It seems if you are in the boat I am in root is not achievable. If there has been any progress to those with the same situation please post. I am including a screen shot of what I get when using viperboys root tool version 2. When I try to root using the normal nachoroot method I get permission denials. Seems that you should only get Uid and Gid to pop up if you have a rootable version, not all this extra stuff. I am running version US_Epad8.8.3.33 Any ideas other then return it ????

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Lostsorrow

UPDATE: No SN means no root, No OTA ever, just a bunch of future headaches. Tablet is going back to Asus today. The only way to get the serial number back in the kernal is to ship it back to Asus, they will pay for shipping. Will update in 2 weeks when I get it back hopefully.
  3. youngnex

youngnex Well-Known Member

did you follow the instructions on killing the sync and the slash app?
  4. Lostsorrow

Yes. it still did not work. Lools like i ended up with one of the german builds that were being discussed over on xda. I already shipped it back to Asus so will update when i get it back.
  5. youngnex

youngnex Well-Known Member

There is a new exploit on XDA if you havent sent it in to ASUS you can try.