1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

root,s-off,simunlock,superCID htc merge

1. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

wow that is wierd :eek: ive never used it on the merge without s-off,nor have i used it with anything other than amon recovery(wich i wouldnt think would matter,but maybe it does?) so ive never experienced that.

might try switching to amon and see if that issue still persists :)

there are some "quirks" with the eris htcdev hboot as well,they released alot of bootloaders for alot of devices in a relatively short time,so unfortunately its not surprising to find some quirks in some.
  2. stevgunt

stevgunt Member

I finally have success and am now making a nandroid backup :) Steps I took

1. unlock bootloader again
    2. reboot into bootloader via fastboot
    3. bot into CWM recovery via fastboot
    3. INstalled fiizion rom etc...
    4. Reboot and BINGO kernel changed and wifi working
    5. Bootloader is locked again :( but can relock now that I am a pro at it :)
    eigokyoukan likes this.
  3. eigokyoukan

eigokyoukan Member

Congrats man! Welcome to the land of the root :D
  4. stevgunt

stevgunt Member

Thanks, All this with S-ON as well :)
  5. stevgunt

stevgunt Member

Now If I could just get the 2fast OC Kernel to flash right I would have something but no luck so far, each time I try and flash it using any recovery it just locks the bootloader back and does not flash and all I have is the .zip of the kernel not the actual boot.img of the kernel. Any Ideas?
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

welcoms to htcdev ;)

my best idea would be s-off :eek: :p

failing that,you can just flash it in fastboot as i described above. rumage thru your 2 fast kernel zip file and find the boot.img put it into your adb/fastboot folder,put your phone in fastboot mode,and:

fastboot flash boot <bootimagename>.img

before you do it,id prolly hook your phone to your PC,and move a stock nandroid from phone to PC,so you can rumage thru it,and find a stock boot image(kernel) to flash just in case your phone doesnt care for the new kernel.

might want to set up folders for various roms and backups,and their associated kernels,and possibly rename the boot.img to something a little more specific(boot-stock.img,boot-2fast.img,etc)

while i can manipulate it to flash roms,backups,etc., i hate htcdev on my rezound. id give my left you-know-what for a true s-off exploit ;)
  7. korrdite

korrdite Member

K for anyone with mms issues after flashing, here is what worked for me. Flash a copy of the stock ruu, go under messages, settings, look at the connection information, as long as your mms works with the stock image, you know these settings are correct. Download an apn back up app. Back up your apn info to sd. Now flash the image you wish to use, download the apn backup app again, tell it to delete the settings, THEN restore the settings from your sd. If you try to restore before deleting, it will not overwrite for whatever reason. Hope this is understandable and helpful for others!
    scotty85 likes this.
  8. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

for what its worth,i just flashed your upgrade nTelos RUU on my new-to-me vzw merge,and data is working fine,cell south radios and all.

this is a nice rom,for those that want GB. we now have a couple choices with this and usc :)

hmm what else was i gonna check into when i got a working phone?
  9. korrdite

korrdite Member

getting the rom to look like a VZW phone instead of USCC Phone? :D i kid i kid, i'm actually running the fuzion ruu, posted by 2fast, runs great, seems battery life is slightly improved versus this one at least for me. i need to learn some development techniques so i can start contributing though.
  10. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

did you get the vzw boot animation figured out?
  11. korrdite

korrdite Member

Naw, fuzion doesn't use the USC boot animation so I didn't bother, I however would prefer for the phone to be recognized as a proper VZW device. But it's not a huge concern
  12. Androopy

Androopy New Member

HI. Could you possibly re-upload the leaked VZW ruu? The only two links I've been able to find to it anywhere have been to megaupload(and we know what happened there) and WUploads, which won't let anyone that doesn't have the uploader's username and password get anything. Thanks in advance.Thanks so much for posting this guide. I've been trying to find a decent guide that is "beginner friendly".
  13. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

sorry about the wupload thing,if id known they were gonna decide they "werent a file sharing service" i never would have uploaded anything there :mad:

uploading now to rapidshare. says 49 minutes remaining :)
  14. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Androopy likes this.
  15. Androopy

Androopy New Member

Thank you so much :)
    I've been able to get everything else you listed in the tutorial on the first page, it was just the vzw leaked ruu that I was unable to acquire. But just to be sure I have it right, the zip file containing the factory ruu (for a Us Cellular HTC Merge running 2.3.4) is UsCellular 3.10.573.1.zip, right?
  16. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

17. janiawas

janiawas New Member

im still Confused o_O :confused:
  18. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

19. Dehumanized

Dehumanized New Member

hi Scotty. i have sat here basically for 8 hours with this us cellular htc merge. ive tried flashing the vzw leaked exploit ruu after renaming it to the name specified. i followed all the steps. when it came down to flashing the exploit it keeps telling me.. CID Incorrect flash failed. is there any way to fix this? please help :D
  20. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

the cid check is what you want to eliminate with the gold card,so sounds like you need to remake the gold card :)
  21. Dehumanized

Dehumanized New Member

so how do i make it effectively... for some odd reason, if i do the adb way of doing it the commends dont work but if i do the gold card helper it does work. so im thinking somehow im doing it wrong? is it possible you can hit me up on gtalk? night.fury.wolf@gmail.com
  22. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

sorry for the delayed reply.did you get your gold card working?

also,the OP has been updated with links hosted by www.androidfilehost.com

if this guide,or any of the files hosted by the site have helped you,consider donating to their server cost :)
  23. Dehumanized

Dehumanized New Member

yes thank you scotty i got my gold card working. i figured out it was just the sd card failing.
    scotty85 likes this.
  24. Viper32

Viper32 Active Member

Scooty,

Please read the below post...

Viper
  25. Viper32

Viper32 Active Member

Scotty,

Ihad to use the below method because the other way would not give me temp root. Guess my version is to high. I get through all of this with temp root # as you described. I then finish as you described to pick up on the page 1 topic. I have tried 4 sdcards making four different gold cards and I still get the wrong cid or whatever it is. I am at a loss on what to do. I even tried the HTC Unlock method but it says I do not have the right firmware or updated enough but it is... Please tell me what to do. If you can contact me i will be more than happy to hook up on teamviewer so you can watch or try it yourself. Please help I need to unlock it so I can use it with T-Mobile or I am out of some money :(....

Thanks,
    Viper