root samsung exhibit 2 4g problems

1. bmoore2000

bmoore2000 New Member

I am trying to root this phone and i cant get it to work. I have installed the driver and turned on the usb debugging. I downloaded the zerg rush zip file and opened it up and when I ran it the command window came up and it says "adb phone not recognized"

Advertisement
    :
  2. bmoore2000

bmoore2000 New Member

I am trying to root this phone and i cant get it to work. I have installed the driver and turned on the usb debugging. I downloaded the zerg rush zip file and opened it up and when I ran it the command window came up and it says "adb phone not recognized"
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

DaisFlaque likes this.
  4. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Did you unzip the Zerg zip file?
  5. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

Don't use zerg! Use t679 root zip. You can find it on the xda site. Look read and research. And you won't brick your phone. Zerg rush WILL NOT WORK.
  6. merryjohn

merryjohn Member

I REALLY wish the admins would sticky my post:

http://androidforums.com/exhibit-2-...hibit-2-ii-4g-read-only-filesystem-no-su.html

I was having the same problems. This link will take you to a method I figured out to keep the phone the way it was when you bought it, only rooted. I joined the forums just to share this with everybody, but nobody reads it because its buried beneath the rest of the post asking for help or telling about zergrushroot (which no longer works with newer models) or simply telling them to flash the entire phone with a custom rom
  7. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Also, the version (2.3.5 vs 2.3.6) affects which root method to use. I got my phone last week and it was 2.3.5