• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G?

I don't want to upgrade i like my Attain, i was hopin that someone knew how to root it by now but as far as i can see this Samsung Galaxy Attain is UNROOTABLE. I have bricked 3 phones and am at my last wits end and will not be using ODIN to root my phone cause it just Simply DOES NOT WORK! Plus, Odin has alot of trouble reading the phones firmware and is NOT worth this much Effort, if anyone know a easier way i will pay you to see it done or show me the truth with a video cause i believe that this phone in my History of phones is the first phone that CAN NOT BE ROOTED =(

Upvote 0
I don't want to upgrade i like my Attain, i was hopin that someone knew how to root it by now but as far as i can see this Samsung Galaxy Attain is UNROOTABLE. I have bricked 3 phones and am at my last wits end and will not be using ODIN to root my phone cause it just Simply DOES NOT WORK! Plus, Odin has alot of trouble reading the phones firmware and is NOT worth this much Effort, if anyone know a easier way i will pay you to see it done or show me the truth with a video cause i believe that this phone in my History of phones is the first phone that CAN NOT BE ROOTED =(

Er.. it works.. and couldn't be easier.. try unchecking the repartition box.. or you knew that already right? Because you read. Right? RIGHT?

Upvote 0
hey shabby can you give me the exact order of the rooting programs first till however many there are. i have a samsung attain and i just signed up for this site. first time i ever signed up for one of these sites. i always just read them. i rooted my phone bricked it rooted it bricked it. lol. I was always seeing different ways people did it and after i waould always come back to your name i think you are the right person to ask. im pretty new so if there is any tips or tricks u could tell me that would be cool. i just fixed my baseband version LTE: unknown. I just downloaded the metro update FG02 and it work i diddnt think it would

Upvote 0
hey shabby can you give me the exact order of the rooting programs first till however many there are. i have a samsung attain and i just signed up for this site. first time i ever signed up for one of these sites. i always just read them. i rooted my phone bricked it rooted it bricked it. lol. I was always seeing different ways people did it and after i waould always come back to your name i think you are the right person to ask. im pretty new so if there is any tips or tricks u could tell me that would be cool. i just fixed my baseband version LTE: unknown. I just downloaded the metro update FG02 and it work i diddnt think it would

There's only one surefire way to root if you've already flashed the update. First you flash this http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Attain4G/Attain-Rooted-Update.tar through odin then to fix your 4g you flash this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5o9fdsjsfrykha/transparent.tar.md5 through odin as well.

Reactions: gypsybikes
Upvote 0
Shabbypenguin
there is only 1 way to root the attain[/QUOTE]

i know that, i was just trying to see if the metro update would affect the root process thats all. should you update with metro first or root with odin using attain-4g.pit and attain-rooted-update.tar first. next should i root with attain-deodex or gasmod ? what i got out of all the forums was it is your choice. what do you perfer if both what first? finally im not sure if there is anything else. one last thing when i start using odin mode it says that there are 3 custom binarys good bad? what should i do? I am kinda new at this whole process but i learned alot from reading these forums so thanks.

Upvote 0
I don't get what you were trying to quote but anyways. Yeah the update doesn't affect if you can root or not. Since you said you've already update you can no longer flash gasmod through odin since it's based on the older firmware and so you'd end up having problems. Also based on my experience rooting you don't need the pit file. Just the rooted-update.tar is needed. Also the attain_deodex rom isn't rooted it's just a deodexed and zipaligned version of the stock update, but you will have to flash it after flashing the rooted update.tar because 4g doesn't seem to work after flashing the rooted update and flashing the deodexed rom fixes 4g. Custom binarys aren't anything to worry about it only means you've installed a custom rom 3 times. Unless you plan on returning your phone to metro anytime soon then you don't have to worry about it plus you can easily reset it anytime with an app.

Upvote 0
Why its simple to fix.... u can flash back to stock kernal and be fine.... go to samsung website dummies... it says its an upgrade called simp uprade for schr920... and the reason why ur shit is bricked cuz ur not unselecting re partion...want to know how i did it and still have 4 g..... I know ive lit been on here for fuc*in forever, if i had all the parts i could build this damn phone from scratch...okkk here it is remove ur 4g sim and sd then follow odin attain pit and i used the old attain rooted update tar...works great superuser rooted...now workin on mods

And Thats Rooted And Fully Working 4G Metro attain 4/23/13

Upvote 0
I want to thank so many people for making this phone so great! Thank you to Tokenpoke, kOnane, Shabbypenguin, ChiweN, xInterlopeRx, mobileplay, and anyone I'm sure to have missed. I successfully rooted my phone and was quite happy with the results. Unfortunately, my phone's usb port unmounted from the pcb and I need a replacement. Soon after I received my replacement, I flashed the Samsung Official update, Flashed Shappypenguin's Attain-Rooted-Update tar, and the the transparent tar, dialed *228 to download local PRL's and called MetroPCS to activate my SIM card. My phone rocks 4g and all! All thanks to your hard work. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Upvote 0
I want to thank so many people for making this phone so great! Thank you to Tokenpoke, kOnane, Shabbypenguin, ChiweN, xInterlopeRx, mobileplay, and anyone I'm sure to have missed. I successfully rooted my phone and was quite happy with the results. Unfortunately, my phone's usb port unmounted from the pcb and I need a replacement. Soon after I received my replacement, I flashed the Samsung Official update, Flashed Shappypenguin's Attain-Rooted-Update tar, and the the transparent tar, dialed *228 to download local PRL's and called MetroPCS to activate my SIM card. My phone rocks 4g and all! All thanks to your hard work. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I can't remember what I did for this device (NOTHING AT ALL), but I know chugging away at kernel source for about two months caused Shabby to invite me to join OUDHitSquad. Maybe it was a custom kernel? Maybe it was a source built recovery? Glad you are enjoying it bro.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones