• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 2.3.5 (need help)

Chaos1577

Lurker
Feb 10, 2012
I have had my Galaxy Mini for 2 months now, and have been trying to root for one. I have tried superoneclick, the 7-zip download and many others including a guide that almost worked from this thread http://androidforums.com/captivate-all-things-root/483646-guide-root-official-2-3-5-guide.html .
No matter what I do there is always a problem and I don't know what to do. When I bought my phone it was already 2.3.5 so I havent upgraded before with kies or any other way. I would really appreciate some help from someone that may have been in my position. Thanks, Chaos1577 :)

I have had my Galaxy Mini for 2 months now, and have been trying to root for one. I have tried superoneclick, the 7-zip download and many others including a guide that almost worked from this thread http://androidforums.com/captivate-all-things-root/483646-guide-root-official-2-3-5-guide.html .
No matter what I do there is always a problem and I don't know what to do. When I bought my phone it was already 2.3.5 so I havent upgraded before with kies or any other way. I would really appreciate some help from someone that may have been in my position. Thanks, Chaos1577 :)

Follow this steps exacly as it described read carefully everything and reply what you have done. Here is the link: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-min...al-gingerbread-root-unroot-2-3-3-2-3-7-a.html

Reactions: Chaos1577
Upvote 0
StoneBoyTony i have a problem... I downloaded Rom Manager and downloaded the cyanogenmod but my phone just powered off and i cant turn it back on... do you have any idea what i should do?

I don't have expiriance with custom roms or something like that couse i don't trust them is 50/50 chance to brick the phone with them i only use stock rom on my rooted phone and applications that i need and nothing else.

Upvote 0
should I bring it to a phone store or make a new thread?

Is it bricked? And if it is tell if you can enter recovery mode only. Try this
remove SIM, SD card and battery. Hold the buttons pressed for recovery mode in mid time enter the battery and if is possible to get the recovery mode. If you get into the recovery mode. Wipe cache partition and wipe data and reboot your phone but untill rebooting hold the buttons for download mode Home button + Power Button + Volume down and try to flash with stock rom via odin.

from wich country you are?

Upvote 0
Is it bricked? And if it is tell if you can enter recovery mode only. Try this
remove SIM, SD card and battery. Hold the buttons pressed for recovery mode in mid time enter the battery and if is possible to get the recovery mode. If you get into the recovery mode. Wipe cache partition and wipe data and reboot your phone but untill rebooting hold the buttons for download mode Home button + Power Button + Volume down and try to flash with stock rom via odin.

from wich country you are?

I am from Ireland. No, i cant turn my phone on in any way, not even recovery mode

Upvote 0
I am from Ireland. No, i cant turn my phone on in any way, not even recovery mode

Ok. Try only this take out SD,SIM CARD and Battery. Hold the three buttons like in the picture and enter the battery and don't let them go untill you see and the triangle logo.

Samsung+Galaxy+Mini+Download+mode+3-buttons.jpg

Upvote 0
no, it doesnt seem to work either... thanks for all your help though :)

I'm realy sorry what happend. You started good but ended badly. Maybe you jump too early in conclusions to install custom rom. Time is needed to search how the apps work and the rest of it. But worst things in life can hapend, I say only health in life is important and the rest things will pass. I sugest you take it back in service. Format your SD card thru the SD micro adapter on your PC in (FAT) put it back. Tell them in service when you wake up in the morning that you diconnected from the charger and it wont started up. That trick will do and in 7 days it will be replaced with new motherboard or new phone. That's it good luck ;)

Upvote 0
I'm realy sorry what happend. You started good but ended badly. Maybe you jump too early in conclusions to install custom rom. Time is needed to search how the apps work and the rest of it. But worst things in life can hapend, I say only health in life is important and the rest things will pass. I sugest you take it back in service. Format your SD card thru the SD micro adapter on your PC in (FAT) put it back. Tell them in service when you wake up in the morning that you diconnected from the charger and it wont started up. That trick will do and in 7 days it will be replaced with new motherboard or new phone. That's it good luck ;)

Thanks StoneBoyTony, ill definitely try that. do you think that the service will believe that is what happened? and that i didnt root the phone?

Upvote 0
Thanks StoneBoyTony, ill definitely try that. do you think that the service will believe that is what happened? and that i didnt root the phone?

I'm telling you from my expiriance I have already bricked mine when I was trying to unlock my phone with some very old methods and for that I needed to root my phone. So the Samsung Service they realy don't get involve in investigation of what hapend they only plug the phone to other machine just to check the voltage if it is a hardware failure (like droped the phone in water or burn the motherboard with overall voltage) but in this case is the boot loader has been dameged (software) that is situated in one memory chip but samsung as company they they don't get involve in to that only private mobile service can repair that with JTAG. Mobile providers services they only repair it in 2 ways ...they replace the motherboard complete or new phone from the box. That mean that even if they repair the bootloader they must do complete flash of the firmware and they don't have any evidance that the phone was already rooted. So you don't have to worry about that just tell the story as it is and in 7 days will meet again here.

Upvote 0
I'm telling you from my expiriance I have already bricked mine when I was trying to unlock my phone with some very old methods and for that I needed to root my phone. So the Samsung Service they realy don't get involve in investigation of what hapend they only plug the phone to other machine just to check the voltage if it is a hardware failure (like droped the phone in water or burn the motherboard with overall voltage) but in this case is the boot loader has been dameged (software) that is situated in one memory chip but samsung as company they they don't get involve in to that only private mobile service can repair that with JTAG. Mobile providers services they only repair it in 2 ways ...they replace the motherboard complete or new phone from the box. That mean that even if they repair the bootloader they must do complete flash of the firmware and they don't have any evidance that the phone was already rooted. So you don't have to worry about that just tell the story as it is and in 7 days will meet again here.

ok i will try that and see how it goes. thanks and talk to you in a week :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones