Root SD Card Swap

Last Updated:

1. SimonTuffGuy

SimonTuffGuy Member This Topic's Starter

For those going out and buying the 2 GB PNY card to complete the root process... After adb caught in recovery mode, I was able to swap out the 2 GB PNY card for my 16 GB Droid card and complete the rest of the process.

Doing this allowed all of the update contents, wireless tether, etc to go on the SD card that will remain in my phone.

Everything seems to be running fine with this, and I didn't have to recopy the wireless tether I saw posted in another thread.

Happy rooting!

Advertisement
  2. TheIncredibleJ

TheIncredibleJ Member

I have a query relating to this. Once rooted with a given sd card, if we wanted a different sd card (bigger), does anything have to be done with busybox, su, and update files on sd root directory? For those people who are not switching out sd cards, can those above files be deleted? Or does a rooted phone neccessitate that those above files remain on sd even after the orders to make root stick are executed?

Thanks,
    TheIncredibleJ

3. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Well-Known Member

No... the sole purpose of putting those things on the SD card is to move them somewhere else. The only thing you need to do to keep everything working, is to make the wireless tether folder on the new card and copy the file over. dont need SU or Busybox on the sd card after the process is complete.

4. TheIncredibleJ

TheIncredibleJ Member

Great thanks a lot, much appreciated. No doubt im a noob but im not a helpless, passive noob. Learning as much as I can through reading things about linux, developing, programming, etc. Only ask a question, if i havent seen it elsewhere and cant figure it out on my own. thanks again