• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [root]t599,t599n & t599v

Hey! once I root the phone it will unlock it too? I mean, unlock the sim? beacuse i read in other page that, once you root this phone, you only have to put 0000000 when it ask you for the sim code...I am right?

Pd: sorry for my english, I am learning :)
I am not to fond of that. .. but I'm not saying it's wrong but it is worth a try. .

Upvote 0
HOW do I execute Impactor on Linux?

I am running Arch Linux, and developer website has no instructions to execute it for Linux.

I have all 4 files ready to be used, but there is no info about running it on Linux.

*Please Help* anyone, thanks.

It is exhausting going through the same links over and over for Linux Rooting methods. I am willing to use Odin if I have to, but I cant seem to find instructions on that either.

Any help ASAP is appreciated!

Upvote 0
HOW do I execute Impactor on Linux?

I am running Arch Linux, and developer website has no instructions to execute it for Linux.

I have all 4 files ready to be used, but there is no info about running it on Linux.

*Please Help* anyone, thanks.

It is exhausting going through the same links over and over for Linux Rooting methods. I am willing to use Odin if I have to, but I cant seem to find instructions on that either.

Any help ASAP is appreciated!
You need to run the file called impactor not impactor.so or antything. Here is a tut to make the file runable

Reactions: osmorphyus
Upvote 0
HOLY GOD,

OK, I ran Impactor in Wine on Chakra/Arch (recent/current as of Feb 2014)

I first unplugged the phone, then pressed START,

It gave back an error that no device was installed.

I plugged in the phone, and hesitantly clicked START,

It ran its process in a few seconds,

My phone screen blinked as the top slide-down bar flicked halfway down, then back up,

The application completed.

I ran SUPERSU, it worked.

I ran "AM I ROOTED,"

It shows back, Status: Rooted!

Looks like Impactor it works in Wine! I won't say this as a Gospel Testimony, but it worked for me!

Upvote 0
HOLY GOD,

OK, I ran Impactor in Wine on Chakra/Arch (recent/current as of Feb 2014)

I first unplugged the phone, then pressed START,

It gave back an error that no device was installed.

I plugged in the phone, and hesitantly clicked START,

It ran its process in a few seconds,

My phone screen blinked as the top slide-down bar flicked halfway down, then back up,

The application completed.

I ran SUPERSU, it worked.

I ran "AM I ROOTED,"

It shows back, Status: Rooted!

Looks like Impactor it works in Wine! I won't say this as a Gospel Testimony, but it worked for me!

Sweet that's good to know things for the info. ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah I saw it somewhere on xda I think. I could be mistaking it for something else though. Is this how you flash cwm [Recovery][CWM] SGH-T599- Working - xda-developers ? And yeah it is. One of my favorite games.

Ran my problem by on xda and got some updated links

Exothermic said:
Which recovery, and which version of odin are you using? Also make sure you're using a USB2.0 port (not the usb port that has blue in it), so try switching around.

Here is a more up to date version of odin: http://d-h.st/hSj
Here is a more up to date version of CWM: https://www.4shared.com/file/KNCQYlZ4ce/t599n-kk-recoverytar__2_.html

No need to run Odin with admin privileges, and make sure the phone is in download mode (turn off phone, press volume down home and power button simultaneously and then press volume up when prompted). Make sure the usb wire is plugged in correctly on both ends.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones